• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New bid at CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm thinking it's because the company only this week, perhaps even this morning informed the union.

How far down the road would we be talking? I saw an article from Smisek on Skynet about the hiring of FAs off the street to get ready for 2012 deliveries. Any ideas when the initial training classes would take place?

How far down the road would we be talking? I saw an article from Smisek on Skynet about the hiring of FAs off the street to get ready for 2012 deliveries. Any ideas when the initial training classes would take place?
A CAL bid projects 12 months out. If a bid does come out they have until next summer to fulfill it. However based on the meltdowns last winter they need more pilots on the property well before the snow flies.

A CAL bid projects 12 months out. If a bid does come out they have until next summer to fulfill it. However based on the meltdowns last winter they need more pilots on the property well before the snow flies.

12 months is correct, however the last 2 were 18month projections due to the 787 issues and no definitive date for deliveries.

Assuming the bid actually comes out in the same form it was when JP saw it and there are vacancies, question is will the United pilots accept the recall???

I seriously doubt many United furloughs will accept it. Why come back, regardless of pre-furlough payrates, only to be ABUSED at CAL? The United furloughed guys will be senior to all new hires off the street anyway, so why subject yourself to the abuse of CAL's contract and scheduling. It's like a hooker in Vegas during Superbowl. It ain't pretty and you're gonna be sore. I guess if you don't have anything going, but damn.

Is that for the summer of 2013 or 2014? Sorry to sound so cynical...I just wanted to beat Skippy to it.

I'm raising the BS flag on this post...you are just stirring the pot.

HILARIOUS!!!!! with the 787 delay and all i dont se it happening until 2012 min,

SKIPPY.

pretty sad, the FA's have more leverage than the pilots.

pretty soon, the new united will be at the tipping point with all it's open labor groups and they will have no choice but to give in. If they were smart, they wouldve solved this sooner rather than later, every day gives the edge to labor

Assuming the bid actually comes out in the same form it was when JP saw it and there are vacancies, question is will the United pilots accept the recall???

If they have better employment, like me, then they won't accept recall. Anyone currently furloughed probably will be placed at the bottom of the combined list by any arbitrator. So, if they don't have a better job, you might as well take the CAL 737 job, because that is where you will end up anyway after a protracted SLI disagreement. JMO. Take the job if you currently have a worse one.

OYS

I seriously doubt many United furloughs will accept it. Why come back, regardless of pre-furlough payrates, only to be ABUSED at CAL? The United furloughed guys will be senior to all new hires off the street anyway, so why subject yourself to the abuse of CAL's contract and scheduling. It's like a hooker in Vegas during Superbowl. It ain't pretty and you're gonna be sore. I guess if you don't have anything going, but damn.

Wishfull thinking!

I emailed the furlough coordinator from United with the information about the bid and asked if he could confirm the rumor. He got back to me today and said he could not discuss it at this time and thank you for your understanding.

Somethings up.

Latest resources

Back