New Atlas/Polar Birds on the way!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cfire said:
Looking at your profile your obviously a UPS guy.

Did you enjoy walking past the Polar strike pickets while going to work which probably had Polar freight on it while Atlas was the only company honoring their strike line when they had them up?

I guess the IPA only works for the IPA.

Hey Chuckles,

You speak of things that you know not. We don't cross picket lines, we don't fly struck freight, so before you go blowin' your blow hole about the IPA pilot group doin' stuff like you posted, you better have proof. :angryfire Not cool implying that people are scabs... Sure hope you were having a bad day.

We supported their strike when they had legal picket lines up and such. We were rewarded for risking our jobs at no gain to ourselves by Polar taking a dump on us again for our efforts.

:laugh:

cfire said:
Enjoyed at least 7 of our guys that went over to UPS. Brought the IQ up at both companies and reduced the level of required participation of the union keeping them employeed at Atlas.

Let me guess. It would have been 8 had they hired you too. :crying:

1800 RVR said:
Hey Chuckles,

You speak of things that you know not. We don't cross picket lines, we don't fly struck freight, so before you go blowin' your blow hole about the IPA pilot group doin' stuff like you posted, you better have proof. :angryfire Not cool implying that people are scabs... Sure hope you were having a bad day.
I was a little more focused on replying to BROWN_COW's smart @ss remark.

Actually, I don't even know if the IPA officially recongnized the Polar Pickets/strike or not.

I do know that UPS crews stayed at the Marriot in ANC where Polar had standing pickets outside the hotel. Same hotel Atlas crews were housed at.

So to cut to the chase, the Polar (MEC) said that UPS crew vans drove by their pickets at the hotel, not I. No specifics other than that. I suggest taking that up with the Polar group. I encourage it as a matter of fact. Of course, Polar MEC Bobb Henderson was calling Atlas scabs weeks before their strike. Give you an idea what you will be dealing with.

Apparently both UPS and Atlas are being trashed by them.

And thats Mr. Chuckles to you:)

Last edited:
cfire said:
I was a little more focused on replying to BROWN_COW's smart @ss remark.

Actually, I don't even know if the IPA officially recongnized the Polar Pickets/strike or not.

I do know that UPS crews stayed at the Marriot in ANC where Polar had standing pickets outside the hotel. Same hotel Atlas crews were housed at.

So to cut to the chase, the Polar (MEC) said that UPS crew vans drove by their pickets at the hotel, not I. No specifics other than that. I suggest taking that up with the Polar group. I encourage it as a matter of fact. Of course, Polar MEC Bobb Henderson was calling Atlas scabs weeks before their strike. Give you an idea what you will be dealing with.

Apparently both UPS and Atlas are being trashed by them.

And thats Mr. Chuckles to you

So, does that mean that the Polar MEC is going to blackball any UPS pilot that wants to get a job at Polar?

1800 RVR said:
Hey Chuckles,

One Word (Challenge Air Cargo) Nuff said

1800 RVR said:
Hey Chuckles,

UPS fully supported us (Polar) during the strike. There are no hard feelings whatsoever between Polar and UPS....even though people like cfire would like to start problems. The only company to screw over Polar during their strike was Atlas. UPS (as well as FedEx and others stood strong with their Polar brothers during the strike).

Atlas was the primary reason for the demise of the Polar strike effort, even though cfire will deny it until the end. Why do you think he is always so defensive?

The entire industry knows how Atlas betrayed their sister company when Polar went on strike. No amount of postings on web boards is going to change that. So....let’s have another link to the Polar Behaving Badly website for everyone to laugh at. Everyone knows not to trust an Atlas pilot. There are a good number of scabs from Eastern, etc. already at Atlas.

But all this is pretty much common knowledge now in the industry. That is why you see Atlas guys getting denied the jumpseat now-a-days. Turn-a-bout is fair play I guess. It is a small industry, and after the Atlas pilots scabbed the Polar strike it is pretty much common knowledge how they conduct themselves, and many Captains are giving them the treatment they deserve. .

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back