New Atlas/Polar Birds on the way!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
big_al said:
why would atlas buy the 777 or a380? neither have a front loading cargo door so the ability to carry oversized cargo is nil. that would hurt more than help

Most of our customers don't use the frontloading capability. If the need arose, just send in a 747-400.

Considering what you guys earn and the fact that you will screw each other at the drop of a hat, it's no wonder that there is an excess of money to buy new airplanes. Have fun!

Brown Cow said:
Considering what you guys earn and the fact that you will screw each other at the drop of a hat, it's no wonder that there is an excess of money to buy new airplanes. Have fun!
Looking at your profile your obviously a UPS guy.

Did you enjoy walking past the Polar strike pickets while going to work which probably had Polar freight on it while Atlas was the only company honoring their strike line when they had them up?

I guess the IPA only works for the IPA.

Enjoyed at least 7 of our guys that went over to UPS. Brought the IQ up at both companies and reduced the level of required participation of the union keeping them employeed at Atlas.

Last edited:
Because of Brown Cow's comments to my posts, INSISTING Cathay should not be on the majors board, and comments like above I'm very happy I never have to work with the guy. He's credibility is shot.

However, during the Polar/Atlas stikes a pilot in uniform in ANC kicked our crew van.

What justifies that? Seriously, I want to know.

Last edited:
Bjammin said:
Because of Brown Cow's comments to my posts, INSISTING Cathay should not be on the majors board, and comments like above I'm very happy I never have to work with the guy. He's credibility is shot.

However, during the Polar/Atlas stikes a pilot in uniform in ANC kicked our crew van.

What justifies that? Seriously, I want to know.
You are not the first or last to be victimized by Polar.

Polar was on strike and most likely a Polar guy kicking your van door.

Atlas is a seperate air carrier and union council that was not on strike. We are owned by the same holding company though.

We supported their strike when they had legal picket lines up and such. We were rewarded for risking our jobs at no gain to ourselves by Polar taking a dump on us again for our efforts.

Now the holding company is trying to merge Atlas and Polar. That's going to be a ugly flight deck to be on when/if that happens.

Here is some history for you and check out the slide show also.
Polar Behaving Badly

Thanks for that and not taking it wrong. I truly didn't know the history or relationship between the two, thank you.

Guys like you are the reason I still have faith in this websight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back