• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ATL Tower Freqs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
apparently, the old north side freq (19.5) is for the new rwy on the south side.

so, according to their logic, it will count up from north to south 19.1,19.3,19.5.

to be honest, i think it just confuses everyone, including the controllers.....

runfast said:
apparently, the old north side freq (19.5) is for the new rwy on the south side.

so, according to their logic, it will count up from north to south 19.1,19.3,19.5.

to be honest, i think it just confuses everyone, including the controllers.....

lol..

Stifler's Mom said:
Anybody know why they changed the Tower Freqs? Just curious.

Wait... what new tower frequencies? Is it on the charts?
It'd better be, i just bought new charts last week. grrrrr.

erj-145mech said:
New freqs don't have to be on the charts, that what notams are for.

yea yea i know. It's just dissappointing knowing you just bought charts and without even a chance to use them yet, they already need updating for the info to be 100% accurate. lol

Alin10123 said:
yea yea i know. It's just dissappointing knowing you just bought charts and without even a chance to use them yet, they already need updating for the info to be 100% accurate. lol

Fly just a little bit and you'll learn that the info is never 100% accurate. A nice thick Jepp revision in my mailbox every 2 weeks is proof of that.

Do you even use the ATL tower freq flying at PDK? I'm not trying to be a wiseass, it's just that I've never flown out of anywhere but ATL and I'm curious about how things work at PDK and FTY.

shamrock said:
Fly just a little bit and you'll learn that the info is never 100% accurate. A nice thick Jepp revision in my mailbox every 2 weeks is proof of that.

A-freakin'-men...Did you see the one a few weeks ago?! The one that came in a box?! Holy bajeezes.

-mini

shamrock said:

Do you even use the ATL tower freq flying at PDK? I'm not trying to be a wiseass, it's just that I've never flown out of anywhere but ATL and I'm curious about how things work at PDK and FTY.

If you are flying VOR or any sort of instrument out of PDK you have to get clearance from Atlanta departure. PDK can only clear to land and give clearance for anything VFR. Anything IFR has to go through Atlanta since it's their airspace.

Alin10123 said:
If you are flying VOR or any sort of instrument out of PDK you have to get clearance from Atlanta departure. PDK can only clear to land and give clearance for anything VFR. Anything IFR has to go through Atlanta since it's their airspace.

I figured that you would need to talk to approach/departure, I just didn't think you would have occasion to talk to ATL tower since they only deal with aircraft landing or departing ATL.

From what I understand PDK can be a pain in the ass if you need to do an approach.

Latest resources

Back