New ATL CP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you just did.

No, I did not. I gave an example and I admitted to the Chief that I goofed, I was wrong, it was my fault and I won't do it again. It was warranted, and that is their job.

But when you're only man enough to hassle FO's and leave the CP's alone... you lose (note correct spelling) a little respect along the way. Standing next to the elevator/hot dog stand/C-spine escalator for the sole purpose of uniform compliance doesn't gain you any points either.

Surely he must have something better to do throughout the day??? It's pretty comparable to the old lady on the homeowners association who drives around the neighborhood hassling people for not cutting their grass quick enough or having the wrong colored Christmas lights. It gets old quickly

Sadly, the CP's have to do this! If there were not so many blatant offenders they would have something better to do with their time! Why do we NEVER see Delta or Airtran guys in ATL out of uniform or looking like trash? I never see them wearing black fleece ski jackets as Winter Uniform wear. but yet I see MULTIPLE ASA FO's wearing things like that! I have spoken directly to ASA Chiefs that have said the GO was sick of the blatant disregard for the policy's of the company, and that they saw every day the lack of caring for the rules the company set out.

That said, I agree that there are senior captains that get away with doing whatever they want and nobody says anything to them. I even brought up examples to them and was told that they have been warned repeatedly. The only way to set it right is to levy serious punishment to make an example.

Sadly, the CP's have to do this! If there were not so many blatant offenders they would have something better to do with their time! Why do we NEVER see Delta or Airtran guys in ATL out of uniform or looking like trash? I never see them wearing black fleece ski jackets as Winter Uniform wear. but yet I see MULTIPLE ASA FO's wearing things like that! I have spoken directly to ASA Chiefs that have said the GO was sick of the blatant disregard for the policy's of the company, and that they saw every day the lack of caring for the rules the company set out.

That said, I agree that there are senior captains that get away with doing whatever they want and nobody says anything to them. I even brought up examples to them and was told that they have been warned repeatedly. The only way to set it right is to levy serious punishment to make an example.

If it were just the blatant offenders I would say fine...but it's not. I don't need to be asked where I bought my pants while walking through the terminal to a flight....yes they're from the flight station.

The fact he's only hassling FO's wouldn't have something to do with the fact that he asks CP's for a jumpseat to AGS every day would it? Hmmmm

Latest resources

Back