• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ATL CP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP was in my upgrade class and will be a really good chief pilot IMHO. He knows the ins and out over at the Atec so well that those folks actually pick up the phone when he calls :)

Plus the militay thing was enlisted I believe... so he actually worked for a living.

He flew Apaches. He's a good guy, he'll be a good CP and not a tool like RC.

He flew Apaches. He's a good guy, he'll be a good CP and not a tool like RC.

I've always had good results with RC. I've gone to him three times with stuff that I needed help with and he helped where he could.

I've heard the horror storries about uniform 'interventions', but they've been warranted in every case that I've heard of.

I don't get it.

If the CP's have to talk to you - or intervene - you probably did something that warrants it. It may be simply a question that you can easily explain and the matter is over. If you don't wear the proper uniform, as spelled out in the company policy in the FOM that each of you have, and received when you signed on to work here, then it IS THEIR JOB to say something to you. Why do people have a heartburn with this? I recently needed to visit a CP after committing a foul by not answering a reserve call. I was wrong and went in to explain myself. End of matter. Do I go out now and b!tch about it?

No big deal

If the CP's have to talk to you - or intervene - you probably did something that warrants it. It may be simply a question that you can easily explain and the matter is over.

That's how a good CP handles it. One time a pilot continued to explain and apologize for some goof-up after he had been told "OK, but just don't do it again." So the CP said: "Look, 95% of our problems are caused by 5% of the pilots. You aren't one of them. Now get outta here." :cool:

If the CP's have to talk to you - or intervene - you probably did something that warrants it. It may be simply a question that you can easily explain and the matter is over. If you don't wear the proper uniform, as spelled out in the company policy in the FOM that each of you have, and received when you signed on to work here, then it IS THEIR JOB to say something to you. Why do people have a heartburn with this? I recently needed to visit a CP after committing a foul by not answering a reserve call. I was wrong and went in to explain myself. End of matter. Do I go out now and b!tch about it?

But when you're only man enough to hassle FO's and leave the CP's alone... you lose (note correct spelling) a little respect along the way. Standing next to the elevator/hot dog stand/C-spine escalator for the sole purpose of uniform compliance doesn't gain you any points either.

Surely he must have something better to do throughout the day??? It's pretty comparable to the old lady on the homeowners association who drives around the neighborhood hassling people for not cutting their grass quick enough or having the wrong colored Christmas lights. It gets old quickly

The CPs have a thankless job in my opinion. Just reading over Scott Hall's latest email, I'm sure the CPs and management have better things to do with their time than to follow up with all the riffraff at our company.

"Yee Haw...hang onto your kids." I hope that person was making that story up to get some free Delta Dollars or something. :erm:

But when you're only man enough to hassle FO's and leave the CP's alone... you lose (note correct spelling) a little respect along the way. Standing next to the elevator/hot dog stand/C-spine escalator for the sole purpose of uniform compliance doesn't gain you any points either.

Surely he must have something better to do throughout the day??? It's pretty comparable to the old lady on the homeowners association who drives around the neighborhood hassling people for not cutting their grass quick enough or having the wrong colored Christmas lights. It gets old quickly

If you are wearing the uniform correctly what does it matter to you? You don't see Captains running around with ipods playing and spiked hair wearing a backpack, so they are going after the ones who do.

Latest resources

Back