• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Atl Base For S5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blah Blah blah, my RJ is better than yours. You have got to be kidding me. You have obviously been around the regionals a bit, looking at your A/C types....you know your planes and we know ours, that is really the bottom line. I'm quite sure that .70 is almost never an option...certainly not when heavy. I'm also quite sure that I have no earthly clue what your 700 will do, and no dont know what the 170 will do. The whole airline should be judged on one mistake cause ASA folks Never screw up. Come on man.

You really need to change that picture....because we ALL KNOW that is NOT you! By the way...I will look for your Dumb@ss in SLC!
Of course the best answer I heard in SLC ATC....Shuttle....say speed... and like a proud papa...he yelps out 300kts....what do you need? ATC comes back and says, well since you are BELOW 10k you need to be at 250kts.:laugh: I almost died laughing...hope he filled out a NASA report! I know, for you guys anything over .70 or 280kts is a big deal:rolleyes:...on the 700, 335kts or .83 AND our fuel burn is STILL better than yours....nice try though!

Thats why when ATC asks them their speed they say .70 and everyone begins to laugh. They slow down to make up the difference in fuel burns then they jack-up the ATC system for everyone else.

Been behind a Comair CRJ lately? Our new PPAS speed system is something else. I love being asked to say speed and say something like Mach.64 or something like 235-240kias at cruise.

Or when they ask us to Maintain 250kias and I have to ask if they want us to speed up, since we are doing 240.

We are paid by the hour. Why should we have to waste gas if we are on time, jsut so you can get to the gate 2 mins early.

Yep, it's all about you. Never mind the guys behind you that are trying to get home on time to their kids game or the FED EX and UPS guys. As for the slowing down, you might be the only one asking.

As for the 700 burns, just goes to show ya that you have to go slow to get your numbers. I don't hear DAL complaining about our burns on the 700 at .83.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......my airplane is better than yours........waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So sorry. Things are lookin ok from here. I'm a new hire, Atl native, and I was not looking forward to movin' to Yankee land

I don't see what the problem is. This is a win-win for everyone. Now our ugly flight attendants don't have to commute from the atl, and you don't have to look at them commuting on your planes.

Enjoy Ghetto'lanta. Hopefully y'all will edge us out into a new base. You can have ATL!

Latest resources

Back