• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Atl Base For S5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greaaaaat!:puke:probably won't last long, they could not WAIT to get you out of SLC...of course who know's WHY they brought you to craplanta!:mad:

I have heard from Senior management here at DL that they were not impressed with the E170's actual numbers compared to what was advertised with respect to fuel economy and range etc fully loaded, and said they were actually losing money on those longer flights. They decided it would be better to place the E170 on mostly shorter routes from ATL that compete with Airtran 717s. Yes, I know there are still some routes that are long for those E170s, but the majority of flights are now under 600 miles. The DTW/IND/MZT/CHM flights to SLC were not cutting it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General: I've been reading the same thing. Bigger AC, bigger fuselage, same engines (compared to the CRJ700/705). You have to pay for comfort.

ASA's 70 seaters are supposed to be going L O N G, for an RJ. The E-170 seems to be doing great on the upgraded CRJ200 service.

I have heard from Senior management here at DL that they were not impressed with the E170's actual numbers compared to what was advertised with respect to fuel economy and range etc fully loaded, and said they were actually losing money on those longer flights. They decided it would be better to place the E170 on mostly shorter routes from ATL that compete with Airtran 717s. Yes, I know there are still some routes that are long for those E170s, but the majority of flights are now under 600 miles. The DTW/IND/MZT/CHM flights to SLC were not cutting it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

not to drink the company koolaid but was told when we were doing the fuel number crunching that we got our 170s to fall BELOW what was advertised by Embraer.

But it doesnt make sense because if thats the case, then why the reduction in SLC as you said.

I see the 170 shadows airtran's 717 a lot

Last edited:
Is that why we fly ATL-KIN, PUJ, POP, and ELP? JFK-AUS, DFW? And is that why S5 is going back into the CMH-SLC market in Aug?

like I said, it didnt make sense if company was advertising fuel numbers to be below what embraer posted but am glad to see slc coming back.

will be looking for you Tomct :beer:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thats why when ATC asks them their speed they say .70 and everyone begins to laugh. They slow down to make up the difference in fuel burns then they jack-up the ATC system for everyone else.

Is that why we fly ATL-KIN, PUJ, POP, and ELP? JFK-AUS, DFW? And is that why S5 is going back into the CMH-SLC market in Aug?

No, I remember seeing that your airline took a 5% cut in pay from DAL after your agreement was redone. I would bet that your fuel calculations were changed also.

Thats why when ATC asks them their speed they say .70 and everyone begins to laugh. They slow down to make up the difference in fuel burns then they jack-up the ATC system for everyone else.

i dont know about you texx but i am paid by the hour. and i always ask atc first then i slow up. also we have our burn numbers to that or less than the 700.

Latest resources

Back