• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Atl Base For S5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard from Senior management here at DL that they were not impressed with the E170's actual numbers compared to what was advertised with respect to fuel economy and range etc fully loaded, and said they were actually losing money on those longer flights. They decided it would be better to place the E170 on mostly shorter routes from ATL that compete with Airtran 717s. Yes, I know there are still some routes that are long for those E170s, but the majority of flights are now under 600 miles. The DTW/IND/MZT/CHM flights to SLC were not cutting it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Can you say 175s for DL this time next year.....

Dude you really need to get a life. Why do you care how fast the 170 goes? So you go faster.. you get there quicker.. you make less block.. happy now? Maybe you just need to impress the girl at the bar by saying your plane is faster, I dunno maybe you just have a small penis and need to compensate :smash:

I know one thing for damn sure, I would much rather fly on an E170 for 2 hours rather than a CR7 for 1:50; the pax comfort level can't even be compared , they're on two completely different levels. Nothing like seeing 70 people standing beside their a/c, freezin their a$s off in mid winter waiting for there "gate checked" bags :erm:

I guess I would rather be flying ASA's 700 than RAH's 170, being that I would be making $7hr more....

Dude...atleast READ the quote he used before you try and turn this into Skywst bashing!:erm::laugh:
Dude...I know the point of the post. My point is that people have said the same thing about the "bigger and shinyer" jet that is the -900. A person will make a "slam" on anything to "advance" their agenda.

Dude...I know the point of the post. My point is that people have said the same thing about the "bigger and shinyer" jet that is the -900. A person will make a "slam" on anything to "advance" their agenda.

No, the way I saw it was that he said..."it was a shame to think HOW LITTLE they were making to fly the BIGGER...SHINYER jet!";)

Latest resources

Back