Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WWEfan

One List
Has anyone seen the TA summary posted on the ASA MEC web site? I copied the below from the posting:

Commuting pilot policy
o A pilot must designate up to three airports (within 150 miles from principle residence)
that he will commute from.
o Policy applies to regular pilots and reserve pilot positioning themselves for a reserve oncall
period.
o A pilot must list on an available flight between 36 and 24 hours from departure, and
such flight must have at least one seat available for sale at the time of listing.
o An on-line jumpseat is considered an available seat.
o The commuting flight must arrive at reasonable time before duty-in.
o If a commuting pilot does not arrive in time for duty-in, he must specifically invoke the
commuting policy.
o Crew Scheduling will determine the reassignment of the pilot, which could be:
  • Deadhead w/o pay to rejoin his trip,
  • Join trip when it transits his domicile,
  • Reschedule for another trip,
  • Remove the pilot without pay from his trip.
o Pilot who misses a trip or portion of a trip as a result of this policy will have his
guarantee adjusted.
o A pilot can use the commute policy each time he commutes to work. If he is not
successful in reporting on time, the policy may be invoked to avoid discipline 3 times in
a rolling 12-month period, not to exceed 5 times in a rolling 24-month period.

Looks like they did away with the rule that requires you to list on 2 flights prior to your duty in. I may be wrong but I think most other commute clauses require you to list on 2 flights.

Does anyone know if Skywest has a commute clause?

You know what would be really nice for the DFW and SLC commuters? Designating your commuting airport, then when travelling to and from work, NOT get nailed for the surcharges for travelling on a mainline flight. If you're travelling for pleasure, then get charged, but not to and from work.

Sorry for the digression. Back to your normally scheduled bitching. :D

Has anyone seen the TA summary posted on the ASA MEC web site? I copied the below from the posting:

Commuting pilot policy
o A pilot must designate up to three airports (within 150 miles from principle residence)
that he will commute from.
o Policy applies to regular pilots and reserve pilot positioning themselves for a reserve oncall
period.
o A pilot must list on an available flight between 36 and 24 hours from departure, and
such flight must have at least one seat available for sale at the time of listing.
o An on-line jumpseat is considered an available seat.
o The commuting flight must arrive at reasonable time before duty-in.
o If a commuting pilot does not arrive in time for duty-in, he must specifically invoke the
commuting policy.
o Crew Scheduling will determine the reassignment of the pilot, which could be:
  • Deadhead w/o pay to rejoin his trip,
  • Join trip when it transits his domicile,
  • Reschedule for another trip,
  • Remove the pilot without pay from his trip.
o Pilot who misses a trip or portion of a trip as a result of this policy will have his
guarantee adjusted.
o A pilot can use the commute policy each time he commutes to work. If he is not
successful in reporting on time, the policy may be invoked to avoid discipline 3 times in
a rolling 12-month period, not to exceed 5 times in a rolling 24-month period.

Looks like they did away with the rule that requires you to list on 2 flights prior to your duty in. I may be wrong but I think most other commute clauses require you to list on 2 flights.

Does anyone know if Skywest has a commute clause?

But are the schedules commutable in the first place? I thought I remember reading a posting that most of the lines are not commuter-friendly.

How do-able would a MSP-ATL commute likely be?

I thought it was the computer clause?

But are the schedules commutable in the first place? I thought I remember reading a posting that most of the lines are not commuter-friendly.

How do-able would a MSP-ATL commute likely be?
I commute from MSP everyweek it is tight most of the time but it can be done

That is a solid commuter policy. One flight instead of two will give you guys a lot of time at home.

For instance, I must list for two flights at Comair so today my options are a flight that gets me to CVG 3:18 before report and one that gets me there 00:10 minutes (reasonable to me). The kicker is our policy says the second flight must be scheduled to arrive at least 00:30 minutes before scheduled departure, so even though I've given myself two flights I'm not in compliance. At ASA I'd go on the flight that arrives 00:10 minutes before check-in and not worry about it. (Not that I'm worried about my commute now).

You would be out of compliance with the intent of "reasonable" at 10 prior to duty-in. That is coming from our CNC when discussing the clause at the first roadshow. I am not judging anyone for making their commute 10 minutes prior duty-in, I am just pointing out that that would not be considered "reasonable" under this clause.

as far a skywest's goes........get ready; we don't have a commuter clause. suks for lots of folks.

The commuter clause's biggest shortfall is that you "must designate up to three airports (within 150 miles from principle residence)". That's useless for those who commute part time or for those have two residences. Also, you shouldn't have to register, it's none of the company's business who commutes and where from. Now they will keep tabs on all commuters, and you know Big Brother Scotty is watching. You better not call in sick if you don't make it, and expect an interrogation if you're a commuter and you do call in sick. Have fun commuting during winter blizzards, my fellow yankees.

Do other carriers have such limited usage on their clauses? 5 times in a 2 yr period if I'm reading that correctly. In the 2 yrs that I commuted way back when, I know I called in a hell of a lot more than 5 times...

Latest resources

Back