Attention Pilots!

NEW ASA PILOT HIRING MINIMUMS!

What are the minimums for hiring?

600 Total Time

100 Multi-Engine Time

100 Hours In Past 6 Months

Competitive Candidates will be contacted upon resume review

What is competitive?

A pilot with the background that would enable them to complete CRJ training in 8 sim sessions. Currently we are looking at people with 121 experience. Candidates with other

than 121 experience will be considered if they possess advanced aircraft training/experience.

How do I recommend someone?

Before you decide to recommend someone, please discuss with them items such as their driving history, any accidents/incidents, violations, and work history. In your letter, consider answering questions such as how long have you known them? Have you flown with them? Do they currently have a flying job? Do they meet our currency requirements? Also include your contact information and employee number. Please attach a copy of the applicant’s resume to your recommendation letter.

Where do I send my recommendation?

You can send us recommendations via fax, email, COMAT, or mail.

Fax: 404-763-8397; Attn: Pilot Recruiting

Email: [email protected]

COMAT: Captain Julie Skoglund, or Captain Richard

Lanktree, Pilot Recruiting; Station Code: ATG

Mail: Attn: Pilot Recruiting

Atlantic Southeast Airlines

100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway

Suite 800

Atlanta, GA 30354

Where can I get more information?

For the latest information, please visit the website at www.flyasa.com.

(web site takes about 2 weeks for update)

We DON’T recommend that you drop a resume off personally as we are very busy with interviews and telephone screenings at this time. Also keep in mind that it is company policy not to disclose applicant information and status.

Yep, that's right... I actually got the phone call today from ASA - they are sending the application for further the process in the mail. :)

Good luck to all!

A pilot with the background that would enable them to complete CRJ training in 8 sim sessions. Currently we are looking at people with 121 experience. Candidates with other than 121 experience will be considered if they possess advanced aircraft training/experience.

So, how exactly does one with 600TT get 121 experience? It appears to be that the above quote contains a double negative of sorts:

A candidate with 121 experience would have considerable more time than 600 hours. A person with 600 hours and no 121 experience wouldn't posses the "advanced aircraft training / experience."

2000flyer said:
A person with 600 hours and no 121 experience wouldn't posses the "advanced aircraft training / experience."

I believe a military pilot would fall into this category.

Candidates having 121 experience will be put at the top of the list, but most candidates come from other backgrounds. What they want to see is that you have some formal training and a steady job flying ME aircraft. The objective here is to make sure you can get through RJ class

F18-FDX said:
I believe a military pilot would fall into this category.

You Sir, are absolutely correct!

2000flyer said:
You Sir, are absolutely correct!

Plus graduates of a certain B1900 121 F/O program here in Ft. lauderdale That I've heard so many positive things about...

Sorry, I couldn't resist! And although i meant that in jest, lets hope thats not what these minimums are opening the door to.

2000flyer said:
So, how exactly does one with 600TT get 121 experience? It appears to be that the above quote contains a double negative of sorts:

A candidate with 121 experience would have considerable more time than 600 hours. A person with 600 hours and no 121 experience wouldn't posses the "advanced aircraft training / experience."

not necessarily, for example at university of oklahoma they have a bridge program with American Eagle that sends a select number students each year through the ground and sim training on the embraer. so for some you can get the advanced aircraft training at 600tt or less...

2000flyer said:

To add my two cents, I was hired at a 121 carrier and started groundschool with less than 550 TT. And I was NOT in a bridge program, PFT, an intern or from one of those academy schools.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back