• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New ASA Boarding Procedure w/o Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man you guys can't see the forest because the trees are in the way! Who do you think wants it
this way? DELTA. Who is telling ASA to park at every concourse in ATL? DELTA. Who is involved in every decision that is made at ASA lately? DELTA. When was the last time we heard from Uncle Jerry? Can you read between the lines. A man in the ramp tower recentlly told me, Sir Delta does this everyday. We know that Delta is a fine tuned machine in many ways. Read between the lines!

701EV

So what are you reading between the lines? Delta buying us back? Fat chance.

So what are you reading between the lines? Delta buying us back? Fat chance.

Wholy cow.....what nimrod thinks Delta is going to buy back ASA????

This new boarding policy will be like many other policies at ASA.....not based in any reality, and will simply be ignored. Remember the APU mandate, not to fire it up until 20 mins prior departure?? We all ignored that, I wasn't about to sit on a hot/cold/dark airplane and neither was anyone else.

The F/A's letter was very well put and to the point. Once again ASA punishing the best perorming employees.

Who really runs ASA? Does ASA have any--ANY--talented management? A company can run well with three or four good managers, does ASA have even one at the senior level? This stuff is really unbelieveable. Running an airline is challenging, but not harder than many other industries. This is not neurosurgery, or rocket science.

The really frustrating thing is that ASA has SOOOOOO much potential. If some talent and soul were injected into ASA, it could be a great airline, and a good place to work. I have no idea what it would take to overcome the institutional angst that is ASA.

I can only think managment at ASA (or SKYW, DAL, whoever) really just doesn't want ASA to succeed. Why? I have absolutely no idea. There ARE talented managers out there, ASA simply seems to have no interest in attracting, or retaining people who could really turn things around.

Sorry for the rant.

Damn...I haven't been with ASA for two years now and it still gets me really upset.

Who really runs ASA? .

Delta, always have, always will. Since G&J left, we've had ex-Delta managers running ASA. Funny though, they're spending all that money on the old Eastern hangar to relocate the G/O and paving a parking lot for 1600 employess. The sky is not falling, ASA will be here for quite awhile.

Hoser

Tower will give the go-ahead to board when a crew calls in-range.

Here's what will happen:

They'll land.

They'll wait for a gate.

They'll wait for a wheelchair.

They'll get no answer on the radio when they call to find a ship and gate for the outbound.

They'll grab a quick meal.

They'll get to the plane and face a load of hostile passengers who were told "the crew will be here in 10 minutes".......90 minutes ago!

Shamrock,

Are you F'N kidn' me with that war buzzard crap, you Northeasterner? Shouldn't it be more like, Go Connecticut Huskies? Fight ON!

Trojan
Uhhhh AU is in Auburn AL which last time I checked was in the SOUTHEAST......maybe I missed something

Latest resources

Back