New Alaska Negotiations Thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listen, guys.

I'm not saying we should just settle for anything. Nor would I cross a picket line (in spite of what some cheap shot artist might think). On top of that, I'm probably more personally prepared for a long strike than all of you put together.

My only point is that everyone needs to read and consider any contract proposal with an unemotional eye. There will be good points and bad points for each side...that's what negotiated settlements consist of.

To mentally and emotionally lock yourself into an automatic NO vote over one issue is, IMHO, shortsighted. There is value in incrementalism, especially if the contract is short term. Who says the NC is looking at a 10 year contract? Nothing I've read from the Union indicates that.

BTW, I suggest you read a little history. Frank Lorenzo managed to replace enough pilots to get Eastern 2 up and running in a very short period. If you don't believe me, PM me and I'll give you the name of one of our F/Os who was an FAA inspector at the time. Or you could just ask our resident Eastern scab next time you're in T-3.

I think everyone has a case of end game-itis. We are close to something coming out and we are all getting stressed out about it. But we have to be mindful that we have no control over what TA is sent out, good or bad. We have all taken the Wilson polls and hopefully talked to our reps. They know what we want. We may not be made whole due to the economy or whatever outside factors are working against us but those things are outside our control. I also have my triggers for what I will vote yes for and no for. Hopefully there are more yes items but we'll see.

There are a few things I do know. The NMB gave the company about 6 months to get there stuff together or we would be released for self help. The guy we have is an ex US AIR pilot and has been very forthcoming with his dislike of the way our management has been negotiating. I would think that our NC would use this for what ever leverage they can.

Another thing is staffing. We have now 60 pilots on the street. We have also been cancelling a lot of flights due to no pilots. Don't believe me? Just look on FLICS next time you are at the airport. The company has screwed themselves and now are just trying to save a little face by rescinding a few furloughs. They are F'd and they know it.

I also recommend that all of us attend any of the rallies on the 7th to get the whole story. This may be the last chance to get information from the source before this all ends.

Just thought I would throw this out there for pay comparison. We were heading to the SAN hotel with a AeroMexico crew and started talking about pay. FO said he made over 110,000 US last year and the CPT was about 200,000 US. FO's brother works for Continental and made nowhere near what he made. Just like me!!!

Just thought I would throw this out there for pay comparison. We were heading to the SAN hotel with a AeroMexico crew and started talking about pay. FO said he made over 110,000 US last year and the CPT was about 200,000 US. FO's brother works for Continental and made nowhere near what he made. Just like me!!!

yeah but the cost of living is really high in Mexico....lol

Flying jobs are still good virtually everywhere in the world. We just keep bending over at mgt's request. I know an Air France captain who makes 32k/month flying the 330 65-75 hours/month. Ryan Air the supposed low cost scum bag carrier of Europe pays fo's 125/hr and Ca's 200/hr. It is sad that the bottom of the barrel in Europe pays significantly more than most majors here in the States.

I thought the Mexican airlines were paid crap...I stand corrected. Who's based in TJ? I might get my resume in order...

Baja.

Why have you not heard anything from the MEC/NC about these flight cancellations? I figure they would use that as fodder for getting more of the furloughees back? Any word on those displaced capt's getting put back in the left seat?

Since that last bid has taken effect, will they have to put out a new bid offering up vacancies for Capt positions, or will they be able to put them back in the left seat with 2 days of training (sim/slf)? If F/O's senior to these guys take upgrade, and those guys were not previously trained in the left seat, that could really throw a monkey wrench into the spring schedule, considering how long it takes them to train pilots over there!!

He!! of a way to run a business!!!!!

I just got word that we have reached a TA. Should know by tomorrow. No negotiators notepad on Friday. Coincedence.....I think not.

Latest resources

Back