Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USARET

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Press Release News | Home[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AirTran Airways Takes the Pole Position as Daytona Beach's Only Low-Fare Airline[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Posted on : Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:12:01 GMT | Author : AirTran Airways
News Category : PressRelease
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The airline will offer four seasonal daily nonstop flights to Hartsfield- Jackson Atlanta International Airport and one seasonal daily nonstop flight to Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. All of the flights will be served by AirTran Airways' popular Boeing 717-200 aircraft, which seats 117 passengers (12 business class and 105 in coach).
Rep. John Mica (R-FL), chairman of the House Aviation Subcommittee, was on hand at the airport this morning to help unveil AirTran Airways' plans to offer nonstop service from Daytona Beach.
"AirTran Airways' new service represents more than a decade of effort to bring a major discount air carrier to the Daytona Beach International Airport," said U.S. Congressman John L. Mica (R-FL). This is great news for the community, the consumer and the carrier."
"AirTran Airways is pleased to offer much needed low-fare air service to the Daytona Beach community," said Kevin Healy, AirTran Airways' vice president of planning. "With daily nonstop flights to our Atlanta hub, our customers will have access to more than 40 destinations across the country. Likewise, NASCAR enthusiasts will now have direct access to the crown jewel of racing facilities and beach-combers can soak up the sun on one of the finest stretches of sand in Florida, with convenient and reliable service that is currently unmatched at Daytona Beach International."
AirTran Airways will offer the following seasonal nonstop flight options between Daytona Beach International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport:
Nonstop Service between Daytona Beach and Atlanta From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Atlanta Daytona Beach 891 10:30 a.m. 11:50 a.m. Daily Atlanta Daytona Beach 899 12:40 p.m. 2:00 p.m. Daily* Atlanta Daytona Beach 894 2:20 p.m. 3:40 p.m. Daily Atlanta Daytona Beach 896 7:40 p.m. 9:00 p.m. Daily From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Daytona Beach Atlanta 890 8:30 a.m. 9:55 a.m. Daily** Daytona Beach Atlanta 898 10:40 a.m. 12:05 p.m. Daily* Daytona Beach Atlanta 892 12:20 p.m. 1:45 p.m. Daily Daytona Beach Atlanta 895 4:10 p.m. 5:35 p.m. Daily * Operates daily effective February 15, 2007 ** Operates daily effective January 12, 2007
AirTran Airways will offer the following seasonal nonstop flight between Daytona Beach International Airport and Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport:
Nonstop Service between Daytona Beach and Baltimore/Washington From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Baltimore/Washington Daytona Beach 897 8:00 a.m. 10:10 a.m. Daily* (BWI) From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Daytona Beach Baltimore/Washington 889 2:30 p.m. 4:35 p.m. Daily* (BWI) * Operates daily effective February 15, 2007
City Pair Introductory Fare Daytona Beach - Atlanta $59 Daytona Beach - Baltimore/Washington $79
* All fares are one-way. All fares are non-refundable, and a $50 fee per person applies to any change made after purchase plus any applicable increase in airfare. Service to Daytona Beach begins on January 11, 2007. Lowest available fare requires a 21-day advance purchase. Introductory sale fares must be purchased by October 31, 2006. Travel must be completed by February 28, 2007. Introductory sale fares are not available for travel to Daytona Beach February 9-18, 2007, and not valid for travel from Daytona Beach February 18-26, 2007. Fares, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice. Fares do not include per-segment tax of $3.30. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. The September 11th security fee of up to $10 is not included. Airport Passenger Facility Charges of up to $18 are not included.
AirTran Airways
[/FONT]

Every time I see a new posting that "Airtran Announces New Service" I get my hopes up that the good ole' STL will be there.......but alas, it's not to be....

I just recently read where they announced a service expansion in IND again slated for next month. I guess they apparently want to pick up where ATA left off. Seems to be working out for them...............

Fly safe.
Schmooze

Delta's fares went from over 300.00 to 59.00 from atlanta to daytona. They won't be able to afford the generals snap back pay.

I just recently read where they announced a service expansion in IND again slated for next month. I guess they apparently want to pick up where ATA left off. Seems to be working out for them...............

Fly safe.
Schmooze

ATA "left off" over a year ago. NWA chased us out, but then they lost their a$$es as well.

Everyone in IND wants to go to Florida, Vegas or Mexico. They don't care who takes them (hence no loyalty to IND based airlines), as long as it's cheap.

Hi!

I don't think NWA is losing money in IND, because they're on a big expansion of service out of IND.

cliff
YIP

ATA "left off" over a year ago. NWA chased us out, but then they lost their a$$es as well.

Everyone in IND wants to go to Florida, Vegas or Mexico. They don't care who takes them (hence no loyalty to IND based airlines), as long as it's cheap.

Yeah, I agree. I do still hear a a lot of pax saying how they wished ATA still flew into Indy. Many say that this actually caused fares to increase for flights in and out of IND.

With AirTran now a major player in the picture, it should be interesting to see what will be NWA's next move, and most of all, who will be the last man standing. There already seems to be a little competition between these two carriers routes to Florida, LAX and SFO.

Otherwise, people are still hearing rumors of an AirTran hub in IND. Most don't see it happening, but in these days, who knows?

Fly safe.
Schmooze

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back