Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USARET

AirTran Airways to Bring New and Affordable Service to the Hudson Valley

- Service from Stewart International Airport begins January 11 - ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, asubsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced that theairline will add Newburgh, NY as its 51st destination. The airline willlaunch new nonstop service from Stewart International Airport to Atlanta,Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa, on January 11, 2007. The routes will beserved by the quiet and fuel efficient Boeing 717-200 aircraft, part ofAirTran Airways' youngest all-Boeing fleet in America. Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) was on hand at the airport this morning tohelp unveil AirTran Airways' plans to offer nonstop service from the HudsonValley. "I have long believed that Stewart International Airport hasenormous potential to attract low cost air service for businesses andtravelers alike," Sen. Schumer said. "Stewart is the perfect place forAirTran Airways, and AirTran is the perfect airline for Stewart and theHudson Valley. Companies often look at the number of flights beforebringing a business here, and up until a few years ago, people werecomplaining there was no way to fly here at a reasonable rate. This is agreat day, for Stewart and everyone in the Hudson Valley." Schumerapplauded the airline's efforts to bring affordable airfare into the citywhile increasing travel options. AirTran Airways will connect travelers tonearly 40 destinations nationwide. "We are pleased to offer passengers traveling from StewartInternational Airport direct access to Florida beaches and attractions aswell as low fare service to almost 40 destinations nationwide through ourAtlanta hub," said Bob Fornaro, AirTran Airways' president and chiefoperating officer, who was on hand to make the announcement. "AirTranAirways is lowering the cost of doing business in the Hudson Valley,boosting economic development efforts, and improving quality of life withnew direct service to top business and leisure destinations." AirTran Airways offers Hudson Valley passengers everyday low fares, newairplanes, Business Class seating on every flight, XM Satellite Radioavailable at every seat with more than 100 channels of commercial-freeentertainment, and an award-winning frequent flier program. "AirTran Airways is one of the best run, low-cost airlines in Americatoday," said Stewart International Airport President and COO, CharlesSeliga. "They are a great choice for Stewart because of their routestructure, and we have a large demand for Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlandoand Tampa. We have a new partner, a partner that the Airport and thecommunity are going to support, market and turn into a huge success here atStewart." AirTran Airways will offer the following nonstop flight options betweenStewart International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta InternationalAirport: Nonstop Service between Newburgh, N.Y. and Atlanta From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Newburgh, N.Y. Atlanta 590 8:40 a.m. 10:45 a.m. Daily* Newburgh, N.Y. Atlanta 589 5:30 p.m. 7:35 p.m. Daily From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Atlanta Newburgh, N.Y. 591 11:20 a.m. 1:25 p.m. Daily Atlanta Newburgh, N.Y. 571 8:10 p.m. 10:15 p.m. Daily** * Operates Daily except Thursday through February 14th, and Daily effective February 15th ** Operates Daily except Monday through February 14th, and Daily effective February 15th AirTran Airways will offer the following nonstop flight options betweenStewart International Airport and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood InternationalAirport: Nonstop Service between Newburgh, N.Y. and Ft. Lauderdale From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Newburgh, N.Y. Ft. Lauderdale 595 1:55 p.m. 4:55 p.m. Daily* From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Ft. Lauderdale Newburgh, N.Y. 597 5:30 p.m. 8:20 p.m. Daily* * Operates Daily except Tuesday and Wednesday through February 14th, and Daily effective Feb. 15th AirTran Airways will offer the following nonstop flight options betweenStewart International Airport and Orlando International Airport: Nonstop Service between Newburgh, N.Y. and Orlando From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Newburgh, N.Y. Orlando 565 2:30 p.m. 5:15 p.m. Daily From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Orlando Newburgh, N.Y. 594 2:30 p.m. 5:00 p.m. Daily AirTran Airways will offer the following nonstop flight options betweenStewart International Airport and Tampa International Airport: Nonstop Service between Newburgh, N.Y. and Tampa From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Newburgh, N.Y. Tampa 598 8:00 a.m. 10:55 a.m. Daily* * Operates Daily except Tuesday and Wednesday through February 14th, and Daily effective Feb. 15th From To Flight Departs Arrives Frequency Tampa Newburgh, N.Y. 599 11:30 a.m. 2:00 p.m. Daily* * Operates Daily except Tuesday and Wednesday through February 14th, and Daily effective Feb. 15th Following is a sample of the one-way fares* AirTran Airways will offerfor its new flights beginning January 11, 2007. Fares listed require a21-day advance purchase, are available daily and are valid in eitherdirection: City Pair Introductory Fare Newburgh, NY - Atlanta $79 Newburgh, NY - Ft. Lauderdale $89 Newburgh, NY - Orlando $89 Newburgh, NY - Tampa $89

Been flying at the Tranny for some time now. In my opinion this is a horrible move. One so bad that its making me wonder what the heck those guys are doing in Orlando. Let's see what else we could have announced. St. Louis, San Anton, San Diego, Portland, Pheonix. You get my point! Oh, and I thought we needed an east/west flow with some business travelers. I guess we will just keep selling those crap fares to florida so we can break even for the rest of my friggin career.

Been flying at the Tranny for some time now. In my opinion this is a horrible move. One so bad that its making me wonder what the heck those guys are doing in Orlando. Let's see what else we could have announced. St. Louis, San Anton, San Diego, Portland, Pheonix. You get my point! Oh, and I thought we needed an east/west flow with some business travelers. I guess we will just keep selling those crap fares to florida so we can break even for the rest of my friggin career.

I hear ya! Maybe one of the 5 or 6 destinations that are supposed to be announced next year will include at least one of the places you mentioned.

Great. Yet another craphole I hoped I'd never see again when I came to Airtran.

Come on guy, Senator Hillary Clinton says she is happy we are flying to SWF!

With the news of the announcement of new service to Newburgh, NY, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) stated, "AirTran Airways' expansion of nonstop service from Stewart International Airport will be a great benefit to the Hudson Valley and beyond. This is great news for people who want to do business in the Hudson Valley and it comes right when the leaves are falling and the Hudson Valley is once again showing its colors as a prime tourist attraction. I applaud AirTran Airways' decision to add non-stop, low cost services to these new destinations. The more people we can bring in to the region, the more business we can do and the more tourism we can attract."

Well HPN seemed to do pretty well since it was announced, maybe they are hoping for more of the same?

Newburgh sucks, but enjoy Orange County Choppers if you're into motorcycles and have a long overnight...

Well HPN seemed to do pretty well since it was announced, maybe they are hoping for more of the same?

Ask your hotel chairman to put you in the lovely Newburgh ramada, trust... you'll love it, from its exquisite workout facitlities, to its nearby 5 star dining and french chateau inspired rooms, it is a hotel to marvel.

Latest resources

Back