New Airport Branson, MO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

I helped open the new airport in Branson, MO this past weekend. Flew my trusty DC-3 into the new airport (KBBG). It is a complete privately funded airline airport, 7100' x 150'. Took no federal funds built in 22 months by local business people for $155M. Neat terminal made of old barn wood. Real nice friendly people. BTW Downtown Branson on the river is a really super lay out. Spent 4 nights in the Hilton. BTW Airline service started today a 0900L, when Sun Country flew in the first flight.

Interesting how you flew the 3 into what many hope to be the modern way of doing airports.... I am skeptical of privatisation of infrastructure that benefits the public....

We will see how it plays out...

I helped open the new airport in Branson, MO this past weekend. Flew my trusty DC-3 into the new airport (KBBG). Took no federal funds built in 22 months by local business people for $155M.

When you say no Federal Funds, you are forgetting that 117 million (75%) of your cost are bonds that are secured by Citigroup. If you recall, the insuring capacity of Citigroup would be nil without the $45 Billion and counting that Taxpayer Federal funds have injected into them.

When you say no Federal Funds, you are forgetting that 117 million (75%) of your cost are bonds that are secured by Citigroup. If you recall, the insuring capacity of Citigroup would be nil without the $45 Billion and counting that Taxpayer Federal funds have injected into them.

I bought a furnace with my income tax refund. Does that mean it's federally funded too?

Latest resources

Back