• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

New Airport Branson, MO

pilotyip

Total Time
I helped open the new airport in Branson, MO this past weekend. Flew my trusty DC-3 into the new airport (KBBG). It is a complete privately funded airline airport, 7100' x 150'. Took no federal funds built in 22 months by local business people for $155M. Neat terminal made of old barn wood. Real nice friendly people. BTW Downtown Branson on the river is a really super lay out. Spent 4 nights in the Hilton. BTW Airline service started today a 0900L, when Sun Country flew in the first flight.

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
Interesting how you flew the 3 into what many hope to be the modern way of doing airports.... I am skeptical of privatisation of infrastructure that benefits the public....

We will see how it plays out...

Hamburger

Total Time
5000+
I helped open the new airport in Branson, MO this past weekend. Flew my trusty DC-3 into the new airport (KBBG). Took no federal funds built in 22 months by local business people for $155M.

When you say no Federal Funds, you are forgetting that 117 million (75%) of your cost are bonds that are secured by Citigroup. If you recall, the insuring capacity of Citigroup would be nil without the $45 Billion and counting that Taxpayer Federal funds have injected into them.

mynameisjim

Don't try this at home
Total Time
Paycut
When you say no Federal Funds, you are forgetting that 117 million (75%) of your cost are bonds that are secured by Citigroup. If you recall, the insuring capacity of Citigroup would be nil without the $45 Billion and counting that Taxpayer Federal funds have injected into them.

I bought a furnace with my income tax refund. Does that mean it's federally funded too?