Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starchkr

New Bus driver
So, for those who have seen 81FR...what do you think of the new livery? It is pretty sweet, but is it really worth it? They talk about trying to cut expenses and take our floater pay and other pay away from us, only to spend upwards of $40K per a/c to get it done. Huh, lets see them "justify" the expenses now.

Sorry, should have said that the new colors were just revealed yesterday 4/28/04 at a hanger meeting. I saw it going into CMH last night sitting in spot one as you come off the taxiway onto our ramp.

Can you get a pic and post it? Whats the schedule for them getting painted? Some of the poor old props really need help with paint (or avionics, I'm sure that $40k would go a long way), but Im sure theyll lose out to the lears.

New paint

Yeah i would love to see the new paint job, but i would also like to see a raise and a big bonus. Im sure there are a lot of baron drivers who would love to see gps and auto pilots every night also. Im glad im in the navaslow.

So, they're putting $40,000 paint jobs on Lears that only fly cargo at night while some people are flying with no autopilot? Seems shady to me.

Here's something else you might find interesting that I found posted on the Aviation Employment board.

Charter Pilot; Columbus, OH
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AirNet provides a wide range of bank, express and aviation services to meet our customers' time-critical transportation needs. Since 1974, we have provided the fastest, most reliable document and small package air delivery system in the United States. We are a company that's built for speed and reliability. For more information visit our web site at www.airnet.com

AirNet is currently looking for flight crewmembers responsible for the safe and efficient operation of Company aircraft and who are willing to fill First Officer and Captain positions in our Executive Charter Division, JetRide, DBA, AirNet private charter. Minimally qualified candidates will possess an ATP certificate with AMEL rating (not limited to centerline thrust), and must have a current First Class Medical and a High School Diploma as well as a type rating in the LR-jet and/or LR-60. The flight time minimum requirements for Captains are: 4000 hours total flight time as a pilot with 3000 hours PIC, 3000 hours multi engine with 2000 hours multi PIC, 200 hours in type with 100 hours as Captain and 300 hours actual instrument with 250 as PIC. The flight time minimum requirements for First Officers are: 2500 hours total flight time as a pilot with 500 hours PIC, 1500 hours multi engine with 100 hours multi PIC, 50 hours in type with 50 hours actual instrument time.

Applicants can find more information regarding the minimum and competitive requirements by visiting our pilot hiring web page at www.airnet.com/pilot.html or call our recruitment hotline at 1-877-247-6386. To apply, fill out the online pilot application located in the pilot hiring web page at the web address listed above.

Please be advised that due to the nature of our business you may be subject to strict background investigations including past employment verification and criminal history records check. All applicants must complete the 10 year employment/education history indicating any periods of unemployment. Periods of unemployment may not disqualify you from obtaining employment; however, you may be required to provide additional documentation to support those time periods.

AirNet is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. F/M/V/D

For more information call 1-800-477-6257

What's so interesting? There's nothing new in that article. They've been advertising for street CA's ever since they got the 60's.

Why don't they fill spots for the 60 from within?.. Insurance requirements? Airlines never seem to have a problem taking on new aircraft.

labbats said:
The flight time minimum requirements for First Officers are: 2500 hours total flight time as a pilot with 500 hours PIC, 1500 hours multi engine with 100 hours multi PIC, 50 hours in type with 50 hours actual instrument time.

I guess this is what I found interesting

I guess that is interesting. That's what the mins for JetRide are anyway if I remember. Hopefully it's just informational.

Latest resources

Back