• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Airline "Air Azul"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I'm not mistaken, Air Azul is a new start up in Brazil. It is run by the same guy who started JetBlue (Dave Neeleman??) It doesn't operate it the US.....yet.

No, that's just "Azul" and based in Brazil. This is a US charter company named "Air Azul". Clear as mud, huh? It's the equivalent of starting an airline named "United Jet Lines".

Also check out http://www.airblue.com for another international marketing ripoff. Even the aircraft livery looks strangely familiar.

I suppose this is a form of flatery.....did I spell that right?

Well, they are waaaaay the he11 over in pakistan.

Read closely - they are not starting an airline. "All flights will be operated by Sun Country Charters." They are basically chartering a plane and selling the seats individually.

Last time someone started flights from LAN to DC (Independence Air), Northwest came in hard and crushed them.

And even the Mayor, who lead the push (and gave economic incentives) to get Independence Air into LAN, flew NW to keep his FF miles!

While a nice city (GO LUG NUTS), any airline should avoid starting up there. It is NW country.

A Part 135 737-800 Scheduled Air Carrier? How can that be? My regs are a little rusty but didn't 135 scheduled carriers have to convert or be grandfathered in to 121 ops sometime in the mid 1990's?

Looking at the website, is that instructor dude all dressed up like a pilot playing with a model airplane? Weeeeeeeeeee, zzzzzzzroooooooooom.

http://www.airazul.com/about_us/safety.php

Reading the info on that link made me laugh. It says early on that ALL pilots hired must hold at least an ATP. Two paragraphs down it says again that all pilots hired have a minimum of 1,200 hours. So which is it?

Also the "Pilots are limited to 14 hours duty time of which only 8 hours may be flight time." line gave me a good chuckle. It's as if they are doing the flying public a FAVOR by letting us be on duty for ONLY 14 hours so we're well rested and refreshed.

Yessssssssssssss! Just what I was praying for, service between Somerset Ky and Nashville, TN. I just hope that cool guy with the Top Gun Maverick shades and the toy 747 is gonna be flying! Happy Day!

Yep, they only fly one route. It's from Somerset, KY to Nashville, TN and it's in a freakin' Metroliner. Who the hell wants to ride in that narrow tin can? Plus they operate part 135.

Please have some respect and refer to it by its popular name....the San Antonio Sewer Tube.

Thank you.;)

GP

Please have some respect and refer to it by its popular name....the San Antonio Sewer Tube.

Thank you.;)

GP

And here I have almost 5,000 hours in one, and I have always called it a "TEXAS TAMPON"

And here I have almost 5,000 hours in one, and I have always called it a "TEXAS TAMPON"

Eeeewwww!!!

I know they say that everything is bigger in Texas, but, come on! Wasn't "Attack of the 50 foot woman" sung by "The Tubes"???

GP

Latest resources

Back