• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New AGE limit discussion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What in the world makes you think it was "shoved through, practically in the dead of night"?

Can't really respond to that on an IPad in my mother's living room but I found that comment to be un-freakn'-believable! Do you really believe that?

As you go about helping Mom and prepping your threatened retaliation at my earlier "cut the crap" comment, just so we're clear--this is the "crap" I was talking about. If it looks like crap, smells like crap, and tastes like crap, It's crap! Of course it was shoved through in the middle of the night!! This behavior of yours (not owning up to the facts of the matter) is what I was talking about.

So for planning purposes, don't go off on some tangent if you plan on following thru.

Does anyone foresee another dead of the night operation to 67, 70, or no age limit?

ABSOLUTELY YES!!

Do you really think that these guys are going to exit gracefully at 65 when they didn't exit gracefully at 60?
Of course they'll claim discrimination. Well, I also claim discriminatation. I don't need no stinking 8 hours of rest. I don't need 30 hour weekly/100 hour monthly limitation. That's discrimination against those of us who don't need as much sleep or rest. I'm sick and tired of this discrimination; if they raise the retirement age, they damned well better allow us to fly unlimited amounts of time daily/weekly/monthly/yearly.

I forsee a bunch of pilots squeeling at 64.5 just like they did at 59.5. I figured all 65 did was buy us 4.5 years of silence. I hope they don't get any traction, but I'm worried that they may. The rest of us still haven't recovered from the first go around.

Umm, I agree with Andy's first sentence....we need to watch our back.

I forsee a bunch of pilots squeeling at 64.5 just like they did at 59.5. I figured all 65 did was buy us 4.5 years of silence. I hope they don't get any traction, but I'm worried that they may. The rest of us still haven't recovered from the first go around.

Vetrider, many of them claimed that they'd retire at 62. Didn't happen. They'll say anything to get the age increased, including that it's safer to have flying fossils. They'll say that there's no such thing as age related cognitive decline in spite of medical evidence to the contrary. And they'll pull out the discrimination card at any chance they get.
And let's not forget the pity card; they played that card to get the age raised to 65.

Exactly right.

Vetrider, many of them claimed that they'd retire at 62. Didn't happen. They'll say anything to get the age increased, including that it's safer to have flying fossils. They'll say that there's no such thing as age related cognitive decline in spite of medical evidence to the contrary. And they'll pull out the discrimination card at any chance they get.
And let's not forget the pity card; they played that card to get the age raised to 65.

One thing that seems to decline very quickly after age sixty is any semblance of integrity.

all pure "Get out of my seat"

all pure "Get out of my seat"

Based on your age (late 60s) and Jerry Springer redneck attitude, shouldn't you be playing with your great grandchildren instead of instilling your wisdom on all us aerodrome "whippersnappers"?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back