new 747 PFT job on climbto350.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sonny Crockett said:
Whatever makes you feel better little boy.

I don't have the parents to write the check to go to Focus, I would rather work under the new crappy work rules on my company but someday we will regain some footing post BK. I wish the refugee's that were furloughed from good companies a quick return to their rightful spots. I am glad my buddy didn't sign up to fly the pond with you wonder kids.

Whatever makes you guys sleep better at night. 1800 hours and 20K and YOU TOO CAN BE A 747 Pilot! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Again, sorry they turned you down.

Bdfg1 said:
Again, sorry they turned you down.

Don't know much about Focus other than what some of their pilots have told me.

Buying your type on a 747 for the chance to interview with them? Seems out of line. They are a start up, their pay is crap (not that everybody elses is much better right now), and the 747 type is even more useless than the 737 type with no time in the airplane.

Given the situation at Polar right now, there is a real good chance that a bunch of high time 747 pilots may be swarming over to Focus and taking the spots anyhow.

I would say that it is not the best type rating that you could spend your money on.

This is suppose to be fun...and your not fun, Sonny. Regardless of who they work for or what they did or didn't do...shouldn't be anyone's business but their own. If you really are a 747 driver at United...I would have expected a bit more empathy for those that are less "fortunate" than yourself. Let's get back to the topic...

Last edited:
Really?!

Sonny Crockett said:
YOU TOO CAN BE A 747 Pilot! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
Calm down there chief, hey isn't United the company that hires 300 hour girls? Can I be a 747 pilot too?!
Here let me help you out: "800 hours and you've flown a 402, what a real pro!" There yuh go, hope that helps :D

Last edited:
(o) (o) said:
southwest has been doing this for years. how come no one calls it PFT?

Technically, I think that you must have your type-rating, you don't write Southwest Airlines a check to their training department.

But then again what do I know, I just haul boxes.

pilotlbs said:
Calm down there chief, hey isn't United the company that hires 300 hour girls? Can I be a 747 pilot too?!
Here let me help you out: "800 hours and you've flown a 402, what a real pro!" There yuh go, hope that helps :D

Ever wonder why so many chicks are flying for ASA and other regionals?

Answer: Cause we are NOT hiring right now! (Evil Laughter....Ha! HA! HA!)

Yeah UAL had to do some EEOC mandated hiring, but they didn't have to fork over a ton of cash to get the job either.

I still think its B.S. for the riddle kids to go to Focus, but then again what do I know?

Have fun in the 402 Chief....enjoy it while you can, I never did fly Cessna's!

Sonny Crockett said:

Yeah UAL had to do some EEOC mandated hiring, but they didn't have to fork over a ton of cash to get the job either.

I still think its B.S. for the riddle kids to go to Focus, but then again what do I know?

I looked into it and your in luck, it's only 3 months til' you can re-apply. Better luck this time. FYI, it's probably your lack of cessna time that did you the harm. You should go get checked out in a local 172 to get a leg up on everyone else.

Sonny Crockett said:

From reading your posts it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about. There is a little school in the southwest called Arizona State University. They would pay mucho $$$$$ to go through the big U's 737 flight officer program. They would leave after the summer and come back with their 1500 hours and get hired.

Now my concern would be dodging the next round of concessions you will be looking at.

Man, this is getting painful.

KeroseneSnorter- No one has to pay to work at Focus. I'll say that again...NO ONE has to pay to work at Focus. You don't need a type to get hired; they type everyone, including FO's. There is no provision for, and no possibility of, someone writing a check and getting employed. Can't happen. They pay you to come to training, not the other way around. Sonny is simply making it up...actually, that's not true. He's just flat out lying.

Sonny- How can you talk about PFT, when you ACTUALLY wrote United a check for $42,157.22? I've seen a copy of the cancelled check, sent to me by my buddy in management there, so don't bother to deny it. You paid that amount for an initial qualification as a 727 FE. You are the ultimate PFTer. You are an embarressment to the profession.

UpNDownGuy said:
Sonny- How can you talk about PFT, when you ACTUALLY wrote United a check for $42,157.22? I've seen a copy of the cancelled check, sent to me by my buddy in management there, so don't bother to deny it. You paid that amount for an initial qualification as a 727 FE. You are the ultimate PFTer. You are an embarressment to the profession.

Everyone who doesn't like Sonny say "I"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back