• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New:2004 NetJet Payscales!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"P.S. USMC319... Why the hell did you ever clean up puke?? That's what FBOs are for dude!! HAHAH!!"

FLY LOW
I didn't say I had to clean up puke. I was merely quoting someone's list of fractional pilot "duties", and concurred that they need a raise to do such a shi!!y job. I've spent many years hanging around FBOs, waiting for passengers and doing all the crap that goes along with charter and corporate flying. It is a thankless job. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of respect given to the crews of light jets and TPs by those outside the group. If pay was predicated on the amount of overall responsibility and work conditions, then the frax guys would make more than the airline guys, but then again with that reasoning the single-pilot piston twin freighters would be the highest paid in the industry. In any case, work rules ultimately make the airline job most desirable and in most cases the best paying. It is hard to beat walking down the jet-way into your $45 million dollar bird, taking a left and strapping in and having almost everything already done for you. And there is this really cool button on the overhead panel, you just push it and a pretty flight attendant brings you a fresh cup of coffee!

Well.... You get coffee if you de-energize the defense fields, call off the dogs, drain the moat, turn off the TSA "laser" activated security system, tell the Air Marshals onboard that this is merely a coffee break and you find a FA that doesn't mind getting you the coffee.

All in all... I'd rather just reach behind the cutain and get it myself.

In my experience some FAs were great to fly with but many needed to be labeled INOP.

"Pretty" FA? I haven't seen one of those in.......

FLYLOW22 said:
Well.... You get coffee if you de-energize the defense fields, call off the dogs, drain the moat, turn off the TSA "laser" activated security system, tell the Air Marshals onboard that this is merely a coffee break and you find a FA that doesn't mind getting you the coffee.
You forgot about having one of the FA's park a beverage cart across the isle and having another one standing guard in front of it....The one standing guard is usually Olga, the 50 year old 200lb Norwegian FA that even that Air Marshals are backing away from. It's then the ugly one that gets the coffee(and hope they don't do anything to it before it gets to you). :D

FLYLOW,

C'mon, it looks like you once were flying an Airbus, do you really expect me to believe that you would rather contort your body around and fiddle with a curtain on a Citation to get a cup of coffee instead of pushing the button and moseying around the flight deck waiting for the FA? LOL

USMC319 said:
FLYLOW,

C'mon, it looks like you once were flying an Airbus, do you really expect me to believe that you would rather contort your body around and fiddle with a curtain on a Citation to get a cup of coffee instead of pushing the button and moseying around the flight deck waiting for the FA? LOL
HAHAHA! It just sounds like it now takes an "act of congress" to get a Cup o' Joe these days on an airliner. I guess I'd rather... well... yes... just reach behind while flying at 47,000 ft at .92M and get my coffee myself. Visene and spit free...

FlyLow,

Well.......I'm not going to convince you that the airline lifestyle is better by having this silly coffee discussion, so I will digress. The C-750 is not a bad ride, but keep in mind FL470 and M0.92 will only impress your Mom. I've only tagged along in the right seat of the X a couple of times, I much prefer Falcon 2000. But as you might guess, I'd trade them all for a good old A-320. Have a good one.

USMC319 said:
FlyLow,

Well.......I'm not going to convince you that the airline lifestyle is better by having this silly coffee discussion, so I will digress. The C-750 is not a bad ride, but keep in mind FL470 and M0.92 will only impress your Mom. I've only tagged along in the right seat of the X a couple of times, I much prefer Falcon 2000. But as you might guess, I'd trade them all for a good old A-320. Have a good one.
Dude. It's good coffee!! It's starbucks. What are you drinking up there... Maxwell house? Hehehe.

FL470 impresses not only my mom but ATC in the flexibility we give them as you motor along and clog the airwaves in your Bus at .78M.

It impresses out owners as we get them to their transcon destination up to 1 hour earlier than a bus could.

It impresses me when I'm able to climb up over the top and look down on weather rather than deviating by 2 states to avoid it.

The front of the X IS a bit cramped... but I'm not in the thing all that much since we get there that much faster.

Beep beep... get on da bus.

The only thing I have to add is as NJA X guys are crusing at FL470 they are thinking "how the hell am I going to pay the mortgage".

The guy in the bus is sitting at FL350 in the weather thinking "man this sucks but as soon as I get home I am going to play with my new -insert expensive toy here-"
Me personally, I'm in the Hawker so I have to sit in the weather AND wonder how I am going to pay the mortgage bill.

Lrjet55 said:
The only thing I have to add is as NJA X guys are crusing at FL470 they are thinking "how the hell am I going to pay the mortgage".

The guy in the bus is sitting at FL350 in the weather thinking "man this sucks but as soon as I get home I am going to play with my new -insert expensive toy here-"
I don't know how ANYONE in this industry (save a DAL pilot for now until Ch11) is paying for the mortgage. Pay rates at LCCs that we used to laugh at are now the benchmark?!?!!?

The grass isn't greener at FL350 dude. It's just another view of the same yard.

Latest resources

Back