New:2004 NetJet Payscales!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gunfyter,

I dont like your tone. At my speed in the Hawker I will still be making the same crap pay,lol.

Were killin' em at .78 baby! (thats on a good day)

Mach - .80
Weight - 28,120
Ceiling - 41,000
Me = 3

Last edited:
Don't forget!

What about the bonus $$ based on the number of pounds lost in sweat working each summer in the Ultra! and the 400xp I guess. Ought to be worth something...

niteflyr,

That's fleet specific bro. We don't get that bonus in the Hawker or X cause we have the apu's.

But if you want it, by golly, you got it! It's a no vote for me unless non apu birds get extra pay for sweat loss.

We will call it "Dehydration Pay"!

break your paradigms

At the risk of getting flamed, I think many on this topic are resorting to same old tired logic: comparing one occupation to another and saying: "oh, I work harder than that guy so I deserve more $" or "I have more education/training/experience/etc so I deserve more pay." Using this logic, a laid-off Eastern Capt should be able to walk across the tarmac to United and slide into a Capt seat making that airlines Capt pay. As we know, it don't work like that. A Comair Capt flying 5 legs a day 17days a month probably has more lives entrusted to him than a 777 Capt making a few trips across the pond a month, yet the 77 guy spends more on hair gel than the poor RJ guy makes in half a pay period. So please spare me the "we clean the planes and kiss the arses of owners, and airline guys go straight from the pit to the limo to the room of the hottest stew." Bottom line, frac pilots will never get what they think they deserve...they will only get what they are able to squeeze out of the company. And they will only do that when they negotiate a desirable wage/benefit package with the threat of 'walking' if they don't get what they want. I have bunches of buds flying NJ. All are GREAT guys, GREAT pilots. I personally hope they get however much they want...but if they do, it ain't because they 'deserve' it. It's because of the free market system. We'll see.

You guys deserve more . . .

but I think you may be asking too much as well.

I left the competition to go to an airline, and in the back of my head as I was deciding about taking the job was "what is NJ gets their contract?". I would have hit year 5 captain in July.

But, as I thought about it more, I had been hearing about this contract for 3 years with no fruition. And I couldn't stand to do the job anymore, no matter what they paid me. 8 days on the road, crappy hotels, etc, etc, etc.

In the good ol' U.S. of A. we are a capitalist society. You get paid on what money you can bring to your company. If NJ is rolling in the dough, then you should get paid more. But NJ can only charge what the market will bear if they are not swimming in coin.

Just my two cents worth, and I hope you guys get it, because all of the fractional pilots are worth every penny. It was the most demanding job I ever had, one that left me exhausted for two days after I FINALLY got home at 15 hours and 50 minutes of duty on day 8. But even if you guys get all you want, I still would look for employment elsewhere.

Waiting for the flame,

Jetsi

No flame.

There is allot of truth in what you wrote-but I have to add that NetJets in raking in the cash-they can afford to pay us above and beyond what we seek.
Also the part about being exhausted after a tour-I am sure that is common for most frax pilots as we all do the same type of job and just another reason why we should be paid allot more.

That being said-how do you feel about your change from the frax world to Frontier?
Any regrets?
I am asking cause I am considering the same jump.

Fly Safe
Chuck

In the good ol' U.S. of A. we are a capitalist society. You get paid on what money you can bring to your company. If NJ is rolling in the dough, then you should get paid more. But NJ can only charge what the market will bear if they are not swimming in coin.
Jetsi,

Don't mean to sound like an ass, but if you apply the logic of your statement above to Frontier, it makes no sense. That company is struggling financially, I wish you all the luck.

Maybe you can state exactly what an NJA pilot should be making then.

cgmason1 said:
No flame.

There is allot of truth in what you wrote-but I have to add that NetJets in raking in the cash-they can afford to pay us above and beyond what we seek.
Also the part about being exhausted after a tour-I am sure that is common for most frax pilots as we all do the same type of job and just another reason why we should be paid allot more.

That being said-how do you feel about your change from the frax world to Frontier?
Any regrets?
I am asking cause I am considering the same jump.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Yes, Jetsi, let us know how Frontier is working. As you may know, I am in the same dilema you were.

Latest resources

Back