• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMHO if they are a 121 operator their should be no reseaon jumpseat eligable employees are not in CASS.

I can give at least one example, Southern Air. Their management does not want to pay for it, even though it is really not that expensive per person, and the pilots are afraid they would lose their home basing if they got it on their own, thinking the company would no longer pay for tickets but make them jump-seat to work and home.

I suppose the policy may have changed, but it was that way at least up to April of 2010. I haven't seen a list of CASS participating airlines since then.

Southern is still the same. IMO its more about what their hauling and not wanting anyone to know. After all government outfits have to keep secrets and yes I firmly believe Southern still is a gov't shell.

In any case if the pilots don't want it that is their thing, but no reason dispatch shouldn't have that benefit considering their all based at one local and have no other travel bennies.

Southern is still the same. IMO its more about what their hauling and not wanting anyone to know. After all government outfits have to keep secrets and yes I firmly believe Southern still is a gov't shell.

In any case if the pilots don't want it that is their thing, but no reason dispatch shouldn't have that benefit considering their all based at one local and have no other travel bennies.

My company hauls the same "stuff" that Southern does, and we are CASS. Every CASS rider is welcome on us ON MOST FLIGHTS. There are a few where jumpseaters are not allowed due to the cargo, but they are few and far between.

Back to Netjets. What I have heard from inside there has not been very impressive. They installed a new president a couple years back and his first move was to start charging employees for med insurance; previously employees had paid nothing.

The morale sounds no where as great as it was when NJ was prior to the arrival of there current president. I also hold it from a source on the inside there that the quality of the dispatchers they hire has gone waaaaayyyyyy down hill.

So I interviewed there (Netjets) this week. I have to admit I was very impressed during the whole process, their facility, the interviewers (a pannel of 5!!!) all extremely nice, take lot's of pride in their place of work, and above all - treated me with lot's of respect despite the fact I have 0 (zero) experience of dispatching..
HOWEVER (and here comes the 'badmouthing' part) - there were 2 main things I didn't like which would make me think real hard my position in case an offer comes: No CAS or any other travel benefits (as some of you already pointed out) so commuting is out of the question and a move to OH is a must; Secondly, their schedule is five 8's (not four 10's or 7 12's like in some supplumentals..). I do want the free flying benefits and I do want the days off to use 'em :(

Last edited:
Back to Netjets. What I have heard from inside there has not been very impressive. They installed a new president a couple years back and his first move was to start charging employees for med insurance; previously employees had paid nothing.

The morale sounds no where as great as it was when NJ was prior to the arrival of there current president. I also hold it from a source on the inside there that the quality of the dispatchers they hire has gone waaaaayyyyyy down hill.

I guess that's why you shouldn't believe everything you hear :) We do pay a bit more for benefits but honestly it wasn't really even noticeable than what we were paying before (but the more dependents you have the more noticeable it would be). It's still better than most companies.

The new president is supportive but depending who you ask you'll get different opinions on that (go figure). We've definitely gone through some changes there the last couple years. Long story if you don't already know the Sokol episode.

The quality of dispatching has only dramatically improved over the 12 years we've been doing this and it's laughable compared to what we started with. I think the latest favorable opinion pole from the NJA pilots put us in the high 90 percentile for quality for at quality/satisfaction from the NJA dispatchers. So that speaks for itself.

On a side note, the votes will be counted Sep 26th to decide whether we are unionized or not. That will certainly affect the future of our department.

What were the union vote results? Hopefully it passed and management will realize that they created the mess by not fully respecting it's employees post Santulli.. (well pretty much a result of Sokol's lackluster time there)...

The union passed by one vote. I'd say the mess is about to begin. I've never been disrespected in 13+ years at Netjets. And who says a union can suddenly garner respect?

Latest resources

Back