• Start date
  • Watchers 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I would look for many captains and senior F/O's to bid any Captain positions for the time being."

Why would they be doing this??? Just wondering if ther is something going on I don't know about. All the senior FO's I know have no intention of bidding any captain bid.

JustInfo said:
"I would look for many captains and senior F/O's to bid any Captain positions for the time being."

Why would they be doing this??? Just wondering if ther is something going on I don't know about. All the senior FO's I know have no intention of bidding any captain bid.

I know of a few senior F/O's wanting to bid Captain if they can hold a decent schedule just to get out of what has been a weak fleet (for them) to be stuck in for the last 5-6 years.

You aren't missing anything bud! Stay put if you are comfy. Most are!

Otto Coarsen said:
Numbnuts? Give the guy a break. He's new and I don't think he's even hit the line yet. How about educating instead of humiliating? You speak of unity, Jeez..

You know, you're right. That was out of line, and I'm sorry for that. I just knew as I was typing the info you requested that someone would chime in with some misleading info about upgrades because of the last bypass effort.

acaTerry - sorry about the harsh words.

FLYLOW22,

If I get CA pay I don't care where I sit, at least until I know the job better. I see the point you were making better now that you cleared it up.

ULTRAGRUMP,

No harm no foul. Just getting my hopes up for a bypass or bid...
Even at this, I'm still much happier than the airlines, just living at home makes so much difference...
4 yrs and counting, I hope it's settled soon.

Its hard to tell. Doing the bypass bid take a good bit of work. I imagine the union will wait until there is a larger group of guys on the property. I don't want to see guys with NJA hiring standards making 27K so I support the bids. The down side is many guys want to bid captain positions but dont because of the ongoing efforts.

acaTerry, how long have you been here? This latest bid should have taken care of a lot of guys.

Latest resources

Back