Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Welcomes the 1st CL350 - looks nice!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The passengers will love it and a salesman friend tells me they wish they had more airplanes to sell right now. I would not expect a salesman to say anything less.

I can't talk about the front, but the G200 was very comfortable in the back. From a comfort standpoint the NJA G200 was more comfortable and bigger than the Flex CL-300 (which was an 8 pax config). They are both very comfortable. Not trashing anything/anyone here. Just my opinion having spent a good bit of time in the back of both.

Flexjet's taking deliveries of the 350 as well.

I can't talk about the front, but the G200 was very comfortable in the back. From a comfort standpoint the NJA G200 was more comfortable and bigger than the Flex CL-300 (which was an 8 pax config). They are both very comfortable. Not trashing anything/anyone here. Just my opinion having spent a good bit of time in the back of both.

I sure hope it was comfortable sitting in the back....waiting for your recovery airplane to arrive.

It's an affront to all things Gulfstream to call the 200 anything other than "Galaxy."

CL-300/350 vs G-200

Actually in hundred of flights with the G-200 I never had a recovery issue. I guess they must have broken down far enough in advance that the Falcon could be scheduled in time. On the other hand I did spend time waiting in FBOs for recovery flights on the Excel and Sovereign. I am not saying I would want to own a whole one as my only plane -- but recovery was usually ore of an issue for operations than me.

From wheat I hear and read, the CL-300 is a much better all around plane. I was only speaking as to the comfort in the back.

Just curious what you think Bombardier does well in the 300/350 that they don't do equally well in the Globals?

The CL350 is usually compared to the C-X, G-2000, and legacies, So the CL350 "kicks their butts". it is a better airplane than its competition

The Globals are a fine family of aircraft. They do the job and look appealing, unfortunately the globals are measured up against the G-450/550/650. No easy task

We've all heard the phrase. " Global is a nice aircraft but is no Gulfstream"

Just curious what you think Bombardier does well in the 300/350 that they don't do equally well in the Globals?

The 300 was a clean sheet design. They applied a lot of the lessons they learned building hundreds of RJ's and Challengers and made SURE the airplane would meet performance promises. The Global, like the Challenger before it, NEVER came close to the performance promises made during development.

The Global is quiet, roomy, and a very comfortable ride. But there are reasons why Bombardier made such a smoking deal on the Globals with NetJets.

The G200 situation is interesting. The G200's are going away pretty quick. At least, I believe that's the plan. However, unless I missed something, the company has not officially put the G200 in disposal status, therefore displacement bids out of the G200 shouldn't be possible.

The Citation X, on the other hand, is officially in disposal, but they aren't going away very fast. But we've already had a couple displacement bids out of the X. Will be interesting to see if we get any displacement bids out if the X to the 350.

As to open bids, my prediction is it will go much more senior than 500-700. I'm at 162, and I would have taken this first open bid except the wife said the timing of the training spot was really bad for our family this summer (and she's the boss!). I may just hold out for the 605 for the money. We'll see.

But consider the recent open bid for the Falcon 2000EX went to guys who were only a couple open bids away from a Global spot. That says to me the senior guys aren't necessarily holding out for the Globals or 605's. It'll be interesting, but I wouldn't be surprised that even with seniority number 162 I will have been outbid for the 350's anyway. It's a good plane and a valuable type (tons of 309's out there) and the way this place is going people may be interested in hedging their bets with a nice new 350 type rating.

Game changing aircraft. If the brain trust in CMH doesn't MUCK IT UP.

No open bids yet so not sure how senior it would go but probably 500-700 territory for PIC. I'm guessing most will be displacement bids from the 200 since that fleet is downsizing, and fast. Actually seems to me they're a little behind on building the pilot cadre for the 350....hmmmm, EMT planning poorly? Naaaahhhhhhh.

First airframe is in compliance check but should start revenue service by the end of the month. (Holy crap, is it really July already?)

Very first open bid award: Junior PIC of the first batch is just over seniority number 400. 8 airplanes this year, 17 more next year, we'll be in 500-700 territory easily.

Latest resources

Back