• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets wastes money???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They say it's 3 times more expensive to sell off a flight, right? What's the figure for maintenance outsourcing? I'll bet that we don't do much over 10% of our total fleet maintenance, for some unknown reason (even though Boisture himself has told us that we are, hands down, faster and more efficient than the competition). How much money are we wasting on outside MX, when CMH has the facilities to do so much more?

Mx offload

pmcustom said:
I'll bet that we don't do much over 10% of our total fleet maintenance, for some unknown reason (even though Boisture himself has told us that we are, hands down, faster and more efficient than the competition). How much money are we wasting on outside MX, when CMH has the facilities to do so much more?

Could it be that mgmt doesn't like Union mechanics any more than they like Union pilots?

Of course mgmt wants non-union, but it doesn't make sense to pay a LOT more for lower quality MX, just so you can avoid the union...but maybe that's the way mgmt thinks.

Fracster said:
I was told the Berkshire Hathaway report for this quarter stated NetJets would lose approximately 70 million dollars due to sell offs. Had their been less sell offs NetJets would have made over 200 million dollars.

the difference between making 200 million and losing 70 million is a net cost of $270 million for the quarter? this would project to an annualized loss compared to business as normal of $1.08 billion dollars extrapolated over the course of an entire year.

Now if you gave 2,000 pilots a whopping $100,000 across the board raise each. that would only come to $200 million dollars a year or 1/5 management's present course of action.

I don't know if the above quote is accurate but if it is, it is pretty clear who is going to eventually prevail on the economic merits of their arguments if nothing else.

Latest resources

Back