• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets vs NetJets Int'l

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey has anyone talked to any of the guys that moved over to NJI about what they think? I would like to know if they think they could just jump in and go to somewhere in the middle of china with about 100 hrs in type as a PIC with another new guy. I really think there is more to being a G capt. than the NJA guys think!!!! Not sure about that but just my guess.

And there are absolutely no NJA guys that have ever done any international flying? Go away moron.

Last edited:
Hey Grizz, I would be willing to bet that you are one of the guys that work for NJA, that will NEVER find out if they could do that trip. I can tell you for sure, with that last post YOU don't have a CLUE what goes on in the Int'l world. I'm no expert in the field, but man you need to calm down.

I'm really glad to be moving to the new forum just because of idiot posts like this. Get a clue Dirty - there are tons of guys at NJA that have flown tons of international flights - myself included. It's nothing special - just learning the ropes to a slightly different system.

Dirty Dingus said:
Hey has anyone talked to any of the guys that moved over to NJI about what they think? I would like to know if they think they could just jump in and go to somewhere in the middle of china with about 100 hrs in type as a PIC with another new guy. I really think there is more to being a G capt. than the NJA guys think!!!! Not sure about that but just my guess.

Ah yes. The secret handshake along with the coordinate plotting chart for the Nat Track.

THAT is the missing ingredient.

Dirty Dingus said:
Hey G4, How long did you have to wait to get and interview? And how long have been at NJI?

4 months wait to interview, no previous Gulfstream time except for 25 hours SIC in a G1. I still don't know why they hired me. Been here 6 years, hoping they put up with me for 15 more years! Sure hope we don't go union, though.

Hogprint said:
Hey NJI guys...anyone have any stats for hiring over there this year/last year? I'm sure there's a place where I can find out, but this is the lazy mans way!

Pretty sure that in May they interviewed 10 people and hired 2. Been out paddling lately Hog?

Hey Grizz, Can you tell us (about) how much a TON of Int'l time is? Also when was the last time you made a trip around the world, the last time you flew into Russian airspace, the last time you went deep into China using QFE/MM, the last time you went to the middle east, the last time you worked above 80N(polar). This is not an attack, I'm just wondering if you are for real? It sounds as if you are a very experienced Int'l Capt. If so, you should be heading over to NJI, if you can hold a slot over there? I really think those guys would LOVE to work with you and your attitude.

Have a couple in the X who were former DELTA international IPs....Middle East?I flew based out of Dharhan and Kuwait City for a year. But handled by NAS and Kuwait Airlines so a lot was transparent to me. I flew about 300 hrs out of those airports. A few other folks I know flew for airlines in the middle east.
I personally would like more than 100 hrs... that could be like 10 or 12 flights and maybe as few as 3 or so crossings.

Last edited:
Hello from Dubai

Intl flying is no doubt a "trip". This is my third one year tour. I'm not flying the big iron, so I have stopped in a buttload of places the big boys only go over.

I've lived in Suddams old neighborhood, been to every "Stan" known to man, and live now in one, all of Eastern and Western Europe, the Mideast (see title), and now working the Far East. We do our own planning and coordinating (what a trip, try looking at the runway open times at Tablisi)(How about that friendly service in Ashkabat).

I consider myself worthy for a spot at NJI if I had the seniority to bid. (It's not really my thing but the people I've met from there seem to be a good group (so are the people I fly with at Netjets).

All in all from my international experience I would have to say "Treat them the way you would want to be treated" (you are in their country). Don't sit there and go back and forth on what point you are cleared too, just ask for the "phonetic spelling".

Just my opinion, Semore, Tactical and international Ultra pilot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back