• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets vs. 121

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree but what happens when the economy is in a downfall. That private trip to Cabo dosen't look as good when your company is making the type of money it used to. First class looks a lot better then!

Try going a month without your cell phone. Its tough isnt it?

Once you get used to something (cell phone or private plane) its hard to do without. They are hooked, and not going without this luxury.

As one lady said, "I will sell my house, before I get rid of this airplane".

They only noticed that everything went perfectly with the flight, and were happy with the product and with our company. Every small detail was taken care of. Which is, of course, the whole point of it all. In a way, it's me directly affecting my job security, because it's little things like that that keep people renewing with us.
Did they notice the condition of the 13 year old Ultra you were in???

I had an owner jokingly tell me "I HATE you guys ! You are like a color tv in the ghetto. I cannot afford you, my accountant tells me I cannot afford, but you are the LAST think I am letting go back. I am NEVER going back to the airlines."

I agree but what happens when the economy is in a downfall. That private trip to Cabo dosen't look as good when your company is making the type of money it used to. First class looks a lot better then!
What happens is the people and flight departments that own their own jets sell them and buy shares or Marquis cards with us.

You mean like the economic downturn after 9/11? When the airlines were furloughing and cutting benefits and pay we were getting pay raises and better benefits.

Having your own jet is like crack. Once you get on it and get away from the airlines you'll never go back. Plus having a 5 year contract with the owners help.

People seem to forget the past.

I really do have a large impact on the service, and it often gets noticed by the passengers. For example, just the other day, our passenger catering order was to include a specific newspaper they wanted. It didn't make it. Rather than say "sorry" and just shrug our shoulders, we have the tools and the approval to do whatever we need to do to make it right. In my case, I borrowed a car from the FBO, went down the street to get the missing item, and got reimbursed by the company. No questions asked.

Did the passenger notice the extra effort? Not specifically. They only noticed that everything went perfectly with the flight, and were happy with the product and with our company. Every small detail was taken care of. Which is, of course, the whole point of it all. In a way, it's me directly affecting my job security, because it's little things like that that keep people renewing with us. More work than 121? You bet. But not without its rewards, both personal and financial. It's a good gig.

A true professional. Thanks for the extra effort! Attitudes like yours is why we have such huge profits. Good work!

Our passengers don't ride on us to simply get from A to B. They are paying for the convienience of flying from the airport they choose, not having to hassle with TSA, luxury, clean cabins with friendly crews, and prestiege. Most of all, they are paying for the "NetJets experience" which you provided. Again, well done.

Fischman

Last edited:

You don't get it do you. The people I fly won't set foot on a airliner if their lives depended on it. The airlines lost them as customers many years ago, with piss poor service and heck the TSA didn't help matters either.

Latest resources

Back