• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Unrest Puts Warren Buffett in a Rare Pinch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been reflecting on our conversations, and realize my only problem with unions, really, is the coercion of fellow members. The absolute willingness to persecute members who continue to go to work during a strike is immoral. You have NO idea what these people are facing in their lives financially. Tough negotiations? Go for it. Informational picketing? If you must, but I suspect they do more harm than good. Strike? I just hope it doesn't result in so much damage to the company that jobs are irreparably lost. But mistreating scabs for the rest of their careers? Beyond the Pale, and contemptible. So I am not anti union, just anti thuggish behavior towards other members who cross the picket line or even express an opinion supporting that crossing. Orr even musing about maybe crossing. If I go along with a strike, I would NEVER mistreat a scab for a minute. Unimaginable.

Have you been following the FlexJet situation?

Just curious what type of job you think NetJets would be without union protection.

If the NJI integration hadn't happened, what type of job would that be now?

Your thoughts on this?

Good questions! The Flex situation is so complex, it is difficult to figure out. In order to keep a union out, management there had better treat the pilots right, and quickly. If they don't, an in house union like ours is probably called for, although losses to the Majors would happen en masse, incentivizing the company to improve things fast.

NJA would be a pretty frustrating place, as it is now, but with worse pay. They would have lost a LOT more pilots, and would have raised pay somewhat without the union. NJA probably needed a union like NJASAP. Although I can't understand why anyone who was a good pilot stayed there all those underpaid years. I called them 17 years ago and asked them what they paid, they told me, and I laughed out loud and said no thanks.

The NJI job would be the BEST, as it was before. Pay would be a little less, but quality of life would be better. In my feeble opinion.

I have been reflecting on our conversations, and realize my only problem with unions, really, is the coercion of fellow members. The absolute willingness to persecute members who continue to go to work during a strike is immoral. You have NO idea what these people are facing in their lives financially. Tough negotiations? Go for it. Informational picketing? If you must, but I suspect they do more harm than good. Strike? I just hope it doesn't result in so much damage to the company that jobs are irreparably lost. But mistreating scabs for the rest of their careers? Beyond the Pale, and contemptible. So I am not anti union, just anti thuggish behavior towards other members who cross the picket line or even express an opinion supporting that crossing. Orr even musing about maybe crossing. If I go along with a strike, I would NEVER mistreat a scab for a minute. Unimaginable.

Who said anything about "thuggish behavior"? Has anyone said they're going to burn your car, beat you up, or throw bricks at your windows? I don't think so.

The implication is that people may lose respect for someone based on a contientious decision and deliberate action. That's life - that's accountability. It's awfully hard to be buds with someone you can't respect. Is giving someone the cold shoulder really "thuggish?"

You suspect more harm than good? You have no experience in this. You're suspecting???

We are still waiting for you to regale the majors section how you think being a scab should be ok.

But unfortunately like our own union message board you are quite and barely log in. I know it actually shows your last login. Crazy huh.

Narrow world you live in. Until hansel does something to you. Then you'll be the loudest on the block.

Free tickets and hotel room for your wife and you waiting in Omaha. Pretty sad an fo has to buy a Gulfstream captain tickets.

The thug behavior is coercion of fellow members to do what you want.

You mean like that former union pilot member, a.k.a. screen name 'Twinkie' management thug? Who, unethically, [a court will probably rule illegally gained] access to a private union members only board? Whose sole purpose is to spread dis-information to discredit and damage the pilot union, he use to be apart of. That's a management Thug. Unethical by any measure. Aren't high ethics supposed to be one of management's mantras? A hypocritical thug at that? How do you classify that behavior? What has this pilot union done to mimic management's thug like and unethical behavior that I have described? You like to point out the evil done by pilot unions, so how do you characterize this 'Twinkie' management guy?

Last edited:
You mean like that former union pilot member, a.k.a. screen name 'Twinkie' management thug? Who, unethically, [a court will probably rule illegally gained] access to a private union members only board? Whose sole purpose is to spread dis-information to discredit and damage the pilot union, he use to be apart of. That's a management Thug. Unethical by any measure. Aren't high ethics supposed to be one of management's mantras? A hypocritical thug at that? How do you classify that behavior? What has this pilot union done to mimic management's thug like and unethical behavior that I have described? You like to point out the evil done by pilot unions, so how do you characterize this 'Twinkie' management guy?

Don't forget the company response... It was ok because it's all part of spirited negotiations.

Only good thing is that Twinkie the kid will never be able to see the inside of a cockpit again. #karma

Sounds like bad behavior. Not nearly as bad as ostracizing someone for the rest of his/her career.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back