• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets To Picket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay the assessment and you won't lose your job.

There's that "force" thing again. I want you to be free to join (or pay dues to) the union, and I want me to be free to not join (or pay). If I will lose my job if I don't pay the money, and this discussion is NOT about the money, then I am being forced to act against my wishes, while I do not want YOU to be forced to act against YOUR wishes. This is the tyranny of the Collective.

There's that "force" thing again. I want you to be free to join (or pay dues to) the union, and I want me to be free to not join (or pay). If I will lose my job if I don't pay the money, and this discussion is NOT about the money, then I am being forced to act against my wishes, while I do not want YOU to be forced to act against YOUR wishes. This is the tyranny of the Collective.
But the "collective" in this case is what maintains your quality of life and pay. I know you won't see it that way, but it's a fact.

Given the company's willful non-compliance in regards to certain sections of the CBA, why not see if that's another section they won't adhere to.

You are obviously unhappy with working for a union shop. Maybe it's time you voted with your feet.

But the "collective" in this case is what maintains your quality of life and pay. I know you won't see it that way, but it's a fact.

Given the company's willful non-compliance in regards to certain sections of the CBA, why not see if that's another section they won't adhere to.

You are obviously unhappy with working for a union shop. Maybe it's time you voted with your feet.

My quality of life and pay was better when we were non union. Things are still good, though. The union seems to be reasonable. My main worry is that the union might become militant, which scares me to death.

Latest resources

Back