netjets timeline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ty737

for the guys having recent or upcoming Netjets interviews, when did you get the letter stating you would be getting an interview?

Sent my initial app in in January 2002; got letter saying I qualified on Feb 18, 2002; sent update in August 2002, got e-mail from Derinda in late August requesting I send in an update on their attached form. Got my call two weeks ago; interview starts tomorrow. Wish me luck...

Oh, hey griz... how's that rathole hotel working out? ;^)

From Take Off Roll to Gear Up

I sent in my application on Jan 15, 2002. Got a confirmation letter from Netjets on February 15th that I was qualified and if not called for an interview in 6 months to send in an update then. In July I checked in with a Netjets buddy who is now a Captain on an Excel. He checked on my status with Derinda (HR). She said I needed 121 or 135 time and an updated DMV report from my state to put me over the top. I just happened to have gone through 135 recurrent in a Beechjet 400A in May and received an updated DMV report a week prior. I emailed attachments of both to my buddy and Deriinda. Within 2 weeks I received a phone call to interview with Netjets in STL on August 15th. Count on 8 to 10 months. Also go to the Job Fairs. I just met Derinda last week at CMH. She mentioned that at every job fair she would hand out approximately 200 applications to filled out and sent in within a specified deadline. She gets approx 600 to 800 resumes a month. I think that will help you get in the door faster. Netjets is looking at hiring 450 pilots next year. good luck

Lodging in Columbus

If you need a decent cheap place to stay in CMH while undergoing indoc and you happen to be military retired or on terminal leave, the Columbus Logistics facility is close and cheap.
I'll try to dig up the phone number and post it later.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when they told me that I had to buy my own toilet paper and soap after the first roll and bar they supplied me with when I checked in.

I certainly hope that you took the soap and toilet paper that you purchased home with you. Of course, if you were really frugal, you would have held it for two weeks.:D

Its kinda off the topic of this thread, but since we're talking about it anyway, what the hell...

Do they give you a list of local hotels in Columbus when they send the e-mail package prior to indoc? If not, besides asking questions here and doing endless internet searching, how do you get the info?

If any of you all had a seniority number with a prior airline, did they make you give it up?
j

Thanks, Griz.
j

Re: Lodging in Columbus

flexpilot said:
If you need a decent cheap place to stay in CMH while undergoing indoc and you happen to be military retired or on terminal leave, the Columbus Logistics facility is close and cheap.
I'll try to dig up the phone number and post it later.

The correct name is the Colubus Defense Supply Center.
Com 614-692-4758
DSN 312-850-4758

I got a suite for $35 a day. Thats it, no tax etc. $35. I had a bedroom living room and small kitchen with oven, microwave, and full size refrigerator. It is located next to the Poth rd. Training center and about 2 miles from FSI.
Although not luxurious, it is sufficient. They have cheaper rooms, but they are pretty depressing. Go with the suite.
There is also a bar and grill downstairs. Golf is walking distance and they have a great gym.
When you call just let the reservation lady know you are going to training with NetJets. A lot of pilots have used this facility. You can probably use it as a reservist also. I arrived after hours and the only time my ID was checked was entering and departing the facility.

Latest resources

Back