Netjets taking Beechjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flymeonce

I think I followed what you are saying, but I have to disagree with one thing.

Owners don't climb on an airplane and ask how many hours the airframe has on it when they fly. When it comes to "core aircraft", most people including pilots don't even know the difference. Some "core airplanes" have less hours than the owners airplanes. Not because the company was trying to put more hours on one than the other, but some "core" airplanes were purchased after the owner's airplanes.

Back to what I originally said; If NJA is buying 50 New Beechjets from Raytheon, you can bet your ass there is a sweet deal involved. With that fleet, there may be a need extra airplanes wholly owned by NJA called "core fleet". Where else can you look for an even better deal on some core airplanes?

If you had a bankroll the size of Switzerland and walked into Raytheon looking for a deal, my guess is you will get one. That bankroll didn't get that big by making crappy deals either. NJA has quite a few airplanes built by Raytheon, and Raytheon wants out of the Frax business. It's starting to look like a duck to me.

Good to note also that when NJA sells a used share, the occupied hourly fee and maintenace fees go up. As the contract maintenance with the plane is gone, and it does not fit into NJAs business plan to sell used shares unless the higher maintenance costs are covered.

That is why NJA will not merge with FLOPS. The business plans are at odds. Used airplanes = higher costs.

So why exactly did Netjets decide on the Beechjet? Was it because of the engine problems the CJ3 was going through?

The Beechjet isn't a great airplane. It's a terrible runway hog in the summer, it doesn't go that fast, or that far. And forget about any baggage. The trunk on my wife's car will carry more than a Beechjet. The cabin is comfortable, but that's it's high point.

Seems like the CJ3 would still be a better airplane than the Beechjet. Anyone have any further insight?

SheGaveMeClap said:
So why exactly did Netjets decide on the Beechjet? Was it because of the engine problems the CJ3 was going through?

What engine problems with the CJ3, I thought it wasn't even certified yet?

NJA and the Hawker 400's

The rumor mill says that NJA needed a "price-point" airplane to "compete" with Flight Options Beechjets......Also, Mr. Santulli and Mr. Buffett are rumored to be might TO'ed at Cessna/Citation Shares for putting the Soveriegn at CS due to some understanding that that would not happen.

So, I see this as a double swipe......NJA slaps Cessna up side the head with the cancellation of a few hundred million in orders AND takes aim at the same time with the Beechjets at Flight Options current and potential customers.....

Makes a lot of sense on both fronts, but it's just my take....

My 2 cents

I'll go out on limb simce I usally get my a$$ singed and said I'd try not to speak publicy much..... but

I have heard both from sales and pilots that the Beechcraft (i.e. Hawker) 400 is coming on board because of cabin pressurization issues on the Encore and that NJA is now left without a jet at that price point. I have never been on the 400 so I can not speak anything of it. But, I do love my Excel.

Just what I have heard from many sources.

P.S. I was on the Excel earlier this week and will be on it tomorrow. My "hat is off" since despite what I have read on here lately, the pilots with the "round union tag" on their baggage have been friendlier, more helpful and more pleasant than anytime in the past (even going back several years). Please don't read more in here than is here, but my I and my family have noticed and "upturn" in pilot attitude in the last 3-4 months. And that goes along with what I have said in the past with getting what you want. Even thpugh I remember who flies us, we were very impressed the other day when the PIC remembered thathe flew us before (but without our dog). If you are on the board, please PM me -- we had a good flight, little bumpy, and then your tour was over later that day.

Re: NJA and the Hawker 400's

abenaki said:
The rumor mill says that NJA needed a "price-point" airplane to "compete" with Flight Options Beechjets......Also, Mr. Santulli and Mr. Buffett are rumored to be might TO'ed at Cessna/Citation Shares for putting the Soveriegn at CS due to some understanding that that would not happen.

So, I see this as a double swipe......NJA slaps Cessna up side the head with the cancellation of a few hundred million in orders AND takes aim at the same time with the Beechjets at Flight Options current and potential customers.....

Makes a lot of sense on both fronts, but it's just my take....

I disagree...........along with the thousands of Cessna employees who got sent home jobless after parking the 100 cancelled EJA aircraft around the Cessna property.

Never....EVER put all your eggs in one basket. I can only hope that the folks at Cessna have embraced that old wisemans words! Let the cream rise to the top, gentlemen!

Have you ever heard of the expression "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face?".....Seems to me that that is exactly what Cessna did.....They thought they could "have their cake and eat it too" by going up against NJA by placing the Soveriegn with CS. Well, if the assumptions are correct, CESSNA is the one who put their own workers out on the street by taking that risk.

Well, they lost and it cost them an order for what? 100 airplanes? Seems to to me that keeping their eggs in the NJA basket would have been smarter than trying ot have it both ways. I don't see CS being able to compete against NJA in the market. So, they might manufacture a handful of Soveriegns for themselves at CS while costing a hundred CJ3's.....Not too bright as I see it.

abenaki said:
Have you ever heard of the expression "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face?".....Seems to me that that is exactly what Cessna did.....They thought they could "have their cake and eat it too" by going up against NJA by placing the Soveriegn with CS. Well, if the assumptions are correct, CESSNA is the one who put their own workers out on the street by taking that risk.

Well, they lost and it cost them an order for what? 100 airplanes? Seems to to me that keeping their eggs in the NJA basket would have been smarter than trying ot have it both ways. I don't see CS being able to compete against NJA in the market. So, they might manufacture a handful of Soveriegns for themselves at CS while costing a hundred CJ3's.....Not too bright as I see it.

The NJA orders were cancelled long before (almost a year!) before CS took options on Soveriegns and CJ3's. As you yourself stated, little ole CS is small in comparison to NJA, Cessna is doing the smart thing by expanding their market segment and not counting on one customer who already left them hanging out to dry. Keep in mind that NJA also purchases from other manufacturers, so to cancel 100 airplanes because of an order that had not been placed is rediculous thinking on your behalf, Sir.

I agree with the other gentleman (gunfyter) that too much speculation and bull$hit has taken over this thread. Please keep comments to the facts.........if you don't have FACTS then RELAX.

Latest resources

Back