NetJets TA Passed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hogan said:
I thought the company plays for you to airline to the point of departure? My intel comes from some NJ dude I met at Boeing field. there were a bunch of the NJ airplanes there and he told me they launched out of there all the time so I wouldn't have to commute... wow, that must be awful for the guys that live in the Seattle area!!

No it isn't too bad for them, since they are under what they call HBA. aka home basing. Meaning they airline out of SEA, or pick a jet up in SEA/BFI.

If you get hired now, it is a whole different ballgame. Interview and tell them you won't move to one of their messed up Domiciles, that is the way to make this go away.... enough people tell them that and things will change....

RNObased said:
No it isn't too bad for them, since they are under what they call HBA. aka home basing. Meaning they airline out of SEA, or pick a jet up in SEA/BFI.

If you get hired now, it is a whole different ballgame. Interview and tell them you won't move to one of their messed up Domiciles, that is the way to make this go away.... enough people tell them that and things will change....

Exactly!! But the company will have to give us something for it. It doesn't come for free.

Huh, thanks for the info. I saw all those jets with QS on the tail and wondered if EJ had a base at BFI. I'll keep RNObased's suggestion in mind. How long do you have to wait (get seniority) for the 7&7 schedule and how much of that time is eaten up by commuting home? What is the QOL like for a new hire?

ce750drvr said:
Exactly!! But the company will have to give us something for it. It doesn't come for free.

they dont have to ask for any thing. the contract allows them to have 100% of pilot hba. It just says they MAY limit to 30% but no less. so if they dont get enough pilots they will just have to offer them hba.

Hogan said:
Huh, thanks for the info. I saw all those jets with QS on the tail and wondered if EJ had a base at BFI. I'll keep RNObased's suggestion in mind. How long do you have to wait (get seniority) for the 7&7 schedule and how much of that time is eaten up by commuting home? What is the QOL like for a new hire?

It is anybody's guess on how long it will take for 7/7. If they get enough volunnters for the reserve then you get 7/7 right away. If they dont get enough, at least 10% of the pilot group in that plane and seat, then the most junior pilots get stuck on reserve untill then can bid off it. As for the commuting depends on if you get a domicile (new hire) or if you get to use a hba. I will fly out of my home so I start day 1 at the airport and either airline to my plane or pick one up thier and they have to get me home by day 7.

be-400xpdriver said:
they dont have to ask for any thing. the contract allows them to have 100% of pilot hba. It just says they MAY limit to 30% but no less. so if they dont get enough pilots they will just have to offer them hba.

I don't remember reading it that way. Dammit. Can't wait until the four years are up. We quit fighting too early. I just hope "the pledge" is in everyone's vocabulary next time.

I am amazed!

ce750drvr said:
I don't remember reading it that way. Dammit. Can't wait until the four years are up. We quit fighting too early. I just hope "the pledge" is in everyone's vocabulary next time.

I would have thought that you would be looking to "pledge you best" in working with the company. Maybe if you can work with the company and work on the partnership, you will find the next negotiation a much easier and satisfying road.

CMHTroll said:
I would have thought that you would be looking to "pledge you best" in working with the company. Maybe if you can work with the company and work on the partnership, you will find the next negotiation a much easier and satisfying road.

Well look what turkey reared his head just before Turkey Day.

The partnership is a brain child of Boisture. He wanted it a year ago as he proclaimed that a Union was unecessary. 12 months later he repackages the concept and attempts ot resell it once again.

The onus is on Bridgeway/Woodbridge to PROVE to the pilots what they are different than any other management team in the entire world. THAT is a pretty tall order.

Here is why the partnership is flawed. The chemistry of management and Union Workers has remained unchanged for almost a century now.

mangagement exists to eek every single penny from the operation possible.

Labor exists to obtain a contract that the majority of hte membership finds acceptable to work with for a period of time.

The RLA is the glue that bonds the two; painfully at times.

Pilots are contract employees and hence, really only care about one thing at the end of the day. A fair day at fair pay. We are not on the BOD. We have no say in any decisions that are made unless we negotiate for them. We are laborers.

I have worked for companies that were making tons and some that were losing tons. Regardless of the level of "partnership" that existed between labor and management, NO more or NO LESS money found it's way into my pocket becasue I had a contract. If I had to wager, either company type would have taken more from me to make even more or lose less without the contract.

I will never look into the eyes of management and see them for anything that they are not. They are profit maximizers. Well guess what? So am I.

I seek to profit for myself, my fellow NetJets Brothers, fellow Fractional Plot Brothers (whether they like it or not) and the entire aviation community at large.

Do you know why? Because management never will. Regardless of how many nice things are said, the truth comes out on the day that the pen meets the paper.

A partnership such as what is being proclaimed is a candy coated turd that resembles the working relationship of a cobra and a mongoose. Those two "partners" will never sit down and enjoy each others company.

Happy Thanksgiving.

After being FEARFUL, and after being "PREPARED" I am simply very THANKFUL... Thankful that I have a STRONG UNION.

Gobble, Gobble, you turkey.

FLYLOW22 said:
Well look what turkey reared his head just before Turkey Day.

The partnership is a brain child of Boisture. He wanted it a year ago as he proclaimed that a Union was unecessary. 12 months later he repackages the concept and attempts ot resell it once again.

The onus is on Bridgeway/Woodbridge to PROVE to the pilots what they are different than any other management team in the entire world. THAT is a pretty tall order.

Here is why the partnership is flawed. The chemistry of management and Union Workers has remained unchanged for almost a century now.

mangagement exists to eek every single penny from the operation possible.

Labor exists to obtain a contract that the majority of hte membership finds acceptable to work with for a period of time.

The RLA is the glue that bonds the two; painfully at times.

Pilots are contract employees and hence, really only care about one thing at the end of the day. A fair day at fair pay. We are not on the BOD. We have no say in any decisions that are made unless we negotiate for them. We are laborers.

I have worked for companies that were making tons and some that were losing tons. Regardless of the level of "partnership" that existed between labor and management, NO more or NO LESS money found it's way into my pocket becasue I had a contract. If I had to wager, either company type would have taken more from me to make even more or lose less without the contract.

I will never look into the eyes of management and see them for anything that they are not. They are profit maximizers. Well guess what? So am I.

I seek to profit for myself, my fellow NetJets Brothers, fellow Fractional Plot Brothers (whether they like it or not) and the entire aviation community at large.

Do you know why? Because management never will. Regardless of how many nice things are said, the truth comes out on the day that the pen meets the paper.

A partnership such as what is being proclaimed is a candy coated turd that resembles the working relationship of a cobra and a mongoose. Those two "partners" will never sit down and enjoy each others company.

Happy Thanksgiving.

After being FEARFUL, and after being "PREPARED" I am simply very THANKFUL... Thankful that I have a STRONG UNION.

Gobble, Gobble, you turkey.

Management has proven it can't be trusted. At the end of the day, you need coordinated leverage - and a strong union provides that. It's an all or nothing game. Otherwise, you have a situation where politics comes into play (like at CS) and objectivity is thrown out the window... Unions can bring standards (objective - not subjective) and structure to a work force.

Are they always effective? Nope. Are they always warranted? Nope. Some unions can adversely impact a corporate culture that works well. But if management is prone to exploit a workforce (doesn't show respect for its employees relative to alternate employers), then a union can be an employee's best friend and protector... It's expensive, but it certainly worked well for NJA (the new union representation that is). That's my $0.02.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back