• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NETJETS Superbowl Ads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, I don't disagree at all. All I said was, I didn't understand the type of viewer they were trying to impress.
This is one reason I am not a media guru, smarter heads than mine see a bigger picture.

I guess I am into old sayings this morning, another one is "nothing ventured, nothing gained".
I commend NetJets for taking the chance at gaining share through this venture. The one and only complaint I have with my company being as conservative as they are, is in their advertising and promotion. I feel they are just too thrifty with the use of these funds.
But, then again, I don't run the show. ( And I don't want too either!!)

Hung

While, I personally, don't see the demographics they are chasing, at least NetJets is out there doing it.

That was my point exactly.

Regardless, it is interesting that they have shifted their advertising dollars to a more "mainstream" audience when we cater to almost no one in the mainstream.

As for the actual commercial... CHEEZY! They obviously didn't consult me 1st. Had they, I would gladly have donned my uniform complete with pizza stains, Billy Bob teeth and Elvis Sun glasses. The chicks dig it, and the dudes envy me! We'd be set for years. But I digress...

That was my point exactly.

Regardless, it is interesting that they have shifted their advertising dollars to a more "mainstream" audience when we cater to almost no one in the mainstream.

That is what I am saying with my previous example. Anyone who has been on the ramp at a past Superbowl can tell you, its busy.

Rich people watch football too, and it only takes a small percentage of the viewing audience to make a difference on your bottom line in this economy.

That's my only point. not trying to be mean.

Oh, I don't disagree at all. All I said was, I didn't understand the type of viewer they were trying to impress.
This is one reason I am not a media guru, smarter heads than mine see a bigger picture.

I guess I am into old sayings this morning, another one is "nothing ventured, nothing gained".
I commend NetJets for taking the chance at gaining share through this venture. The one and only complaint I have with my company being as conservative as they are, is in their advertising and promotion. I feel they are just too thrifty with the use of these funds.
But, then again, I don't run the show. ( And I don't want too either!!)

Hung

Yeah, I don't pretend to understand all the thinking behind it, but I can see where there is a possible advantage.

NJA is making a statement in not furloughing and then running ads. Industry pioneer and leader, for a good reason.

That kind of message resinates among high end clients. It shows strength, control, and stability.

In my humble opinion, it is an accurate message and the right way to convey it.

NJ, being the super power that it is, probably has rooms filled with super smart advertising folks that didn't just decide to take a shot in the dark and advertise at the superbowl. I would imagine that it was a very calculated move that has a predetermined return on the advertising investment.

Sounds like some of the haters/bashers have been drinking the media koolaid, questioning every $ spent and relating it, however relevant, to jobs that could be or could have been saved. If it were all that simple we could all be CEO's of giant corporations.

just my 2 cents.....

and the ShamWow does rock

What do you think the Netjet pilots that are about to get furloughed think about the the ads? Maybe the money spent on the ads could have saved their jobs?

Atleast they didn't put money into a pot smoking kid for a waste of advertising money. Just think of the money CS could have saved with that one....was enjoying not hearing from you.

Hey Bogey... if you work at CS, you just got that gold medal bong cracked over your empty skull...

"Here's lookn at you clown":pimp:

What do you think the Netjet pilots that are about to get furloughed think about the the ads? Maybe the money spent on the ads could have saved their jobs?

We are not furloughing Hump.

How did the CS pilots who were furloughed feel about their companies advertising habits?

It's a smokey issue at best... sweet heart.

Latest resources

Back