• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NETJETS Superbowl Ads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would guess that those ads were contracted for about a year ago. I don't really know, but I know it was not a last minute thought.

The basic rule of advertising is "throw a lot of sh*t against the wall, and some of it will stick"

While, I personally, don't see the demographics they are chasing, at least NetJets is out there doing it.

Sorry to say, my company was nowhere to be seen.

Hung

It just doesn't matter what Netjets does??

There will be someone that's gonna "bust our balls".

Lots of people on the streets and we get bagged for trying to advertise.

If we get more owners we shouldn't hire anymore people should we?

No, we should fly twice as much because the people here on this board don't think we fly as much as they think we should.

If the Netjets pilots wouldn't have f-cked up the economy we wouldn't be in this mess would we?

Just so you know; when the Netjets pilots were ask to vote whether CS, Options, and Flexjet furloughed, I voted "No".

I guess I'll leave it at that, I don't know what Netjets can do to appease the industry?

I wasn't very impressed with the actual commercial. That computer graphic of the airplane with the sweeping shot zooming in on the tail, pausing, and then exiting the frame seemed a little cheesy.

Watching it I thought it came off as a cross between some European low cost carrier and ShamWow.

My .02

Mr. Santulli is a great, succesfull business man. His business savy parallels that of Gates and Buffet. And here we are, some pilots who don't even work for NJA questioning (borderline bashing) his decision to advertise on Superbowl Sunday. And us NJA guys defending his decision......something very wrong with this.

wheter we furlough or not, I think it was a great idea to pay to have the whole country see the NetJets' logo on superbowl sunday.

It's one thing to bash each other, but let's keep Shamwow out of this!!

What do you think the Netjet pilots that are about to get furloughed think about the the ads? Maybe the money spent on the ads could have saved their jobs?

If there are savy business minds they will know that the money spent couls possibly save them from furlough or help get their jobs back.

Netjets is still being proactive instead of reactive......I applaud that effort.

The basic rule of advertising is "throw a lot of sh*t against the wall, and some of it will stick"

While, I personally, don't see the demographics they are chasing, at least NetJets is out there doing it.

Sorry to say, my company was nowhere to be seen.

Hung

I will offer this hypothetical to you.

Let's saw 6 million people watched on TV (have no idea the real number.), and of those 6 million let's say only 1,000 have the money and opportunity to buy into a fractional program. Of those 1,000 only 500 are interested. Of the 500, 100 sign a contract and purchase a 1/4 share. ( for those of you playing along at home that is <1% of the viewing audience.)

That's puts another 25 airframes potentially in services. If you crew that at 5 per airplane (not sure how NJA crews) that is another 125 potential jobs saved or added.

Yes, I concede that this may not be the case, and that it is a risk, but in my eyes this investment in the company is a good thing....it could end up saving jobs.

not saying you disagree with the advertising, just wanted to use your post as a jumpoff point.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back