NetJets Smoking Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's smart!
No one wants to get a plane after some skanky smoker has violated it...and anyone can tell even if they've used an ozone machine/nasty air freshener/etc. I think we all can tell if someone has smoked in a hotel room, no matter what measures they try to take.
Yuck. If so many "don't" smoke, it only makes sense it is a selling point that "we don't allow smoking on our planes."

Nice attitude. Do you go in the Owners car and tell them not to smoke there too? Why is this so hard to understand? IT IS THEIR AIRPLANE.

Those "skanky smokers" are paying part of our salary. Show a little respect. The planes are professionally cleaned before another owner trip, and usually you can't tell someone smoked previously.

...and usually you can't tell someone smoked previously.

You must be a smoker.

The last one I had smelled for two days, and that was after one lady smoking prior to a professional "cleaning."

If I were one of that plane's other owners and it picked me up smelling like a bar, I'd be pissed.

Gunfyter why don't you wear your O2 mask during smoking flights if it bothers you too bad.....has to be on anyway during many flights during cruise.....surely an uncomfortable mask is better then getting cancer from the one smoking flight a year....:rolleyes:

I've had one smoker in the 15 months I've been here. Put the mask on while she puffed away; would have done the same if it was RTS, who cares? Let him laugh and puff away...

Certainly I can do that.

I just would prefer there were no smoking on board.

"Twenty years after the first surgeon general's report on secondhand smoke, the evidence is now "indisputable" that the noxious fumes are a major health threat that kills an estimated 50,000 people each year, a new federal study said Tuesday.​

There is no level of exposure to smoke that is safe, and the children of smokers are at special risk, Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona said in releasing the new report...."​

Los Angeles Times - 6/27/2006​

So I guess I better not take the mask off to go to the head, have a bite to eat, or have a drink of water.

Interesting discussion and I can see both sides of the argument - the health of the pilot vs "Its the owners airplane!".

I was wondering what if the same attitude would apply if the owner lit up a joint.

It can't be...the OWNERS are just that; they OWN the plane. The house keeper can't tell the boss she can't smoke in her own house.

Does not apply if the owner lights up a joint. I would immediately ask them to put it out. If they didn't I would don the mask and divert, I'd like to notify the company, but how do I use the phone while wearing an ox mask?

AFIS message:

FR: N999QS
TO: DISPATCH
MSG: PAX 1 TOKE OVER THE LINE. DIVERTING TO HOU. PLS NTFY THE PO-LICE. ALSO PLZ ADD DORITOS TO MY CREW LUNCH.

:D

Reply Message

To: N999QS
MSG: Copy Dat. Day be comin.

Latest resources

Back