Netjets schedule question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
unless you bid a 7n7

Can't answer your question about DAL, but...

Can a new hire hold a reserve line? I've been hearing it is senior.

All new-hires start on reserve. If you want to stay on it, you have to bid for it, or you'll get put on a 7/7 schedule. It does sometimes go senior because of the extra money, but the word I got during indoc was that, so far, nobody had been bumped off of it who wanted to stay on it.

Per the contract (section 19.3g if you're reading along), "The Company shall make the Reserve Schedule available by bid to a maximum of 40% of the pilots, by position (PIC/SIC), in each aircraft fleet in each bid period. In all bid periods, the Company shall have the right to involuntarily assign a maximum of 10% of the pilots, by position (PIC/SIC), in each fleet to the Reserve Schedule."

So, if I read it correctly, more than 40% of the people senior to me, in the same equipment and seat position, would have to bid reserve to bump me off of it.

Whether or not you would be able to hold a reserve line would depend on what fleet you are in. In most fleets whoever wants a rsv line can hold them but there are exceptions, most notably the Encore where it goes senior.

Per the contract (section 19.3g if you're reading along), "The Company shall make the Reserve Schedule available by bid to a maximum of 40% of the pilots, by position (PIC/SIC), in each aircraft fleet in each bid period. In all bid periods, the Company shall have the right to involuntarily assign a maximum of 10% of the pilots, by position (PIC/SIC), in each fleet to the Reserve Schedule."

I think the contract also says the amount of pilots on reserve can't change by more than 5% from quarter to quarter.

Everyone in my class who wanted 7 and 7 got one, a couple wanted to stay reserve and they got that as well. Just a small sampling, but its what I've got.

Latest resources

Back