• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Recruitment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could live on the TEB airport and NJA could assign you LAX. That's the key phrase in the contract. The company assigns your domicile.

Now you're probably thinking to yourself, "Oh, Netjets would never do something so stupid as to assign a new hire who lives near domicile city a different domicile from the one in which they live."

All I can say is don't be surprised when it happens to you.

Until this pilot base thing gets figured out I am not going to apply. I had my ducks in order to try to get on with NJ but I am thankful I dragged my feet a bit!

Correcting said:
You could live on the TEB airport and NJA could assign you LAX. That's the key phrase in the contract. The company assigns your domicile.

Now you're probably thinking to yourself, "Oh, Netjets would never do something so stupid as to assign a new hire who lives near domicile city a different domicile from the one in which they live."

All I can say is don't be surprised when it happens to you.

Bear in mind though that the company makes the assignment as part of the job offer. This means 2 things. First if you don't like the assignment you don't have to take the job. If you live in TEB and you turn it down because the company assigned you LAX, no one would blame you. Secondly, when the company invites you for an interview they know you live in TEB, so I would think you would not even get the interview if they were planning on assigning you to LAX.

It seems to me that if they planning on building up the pilot group at a particular domicle, they will select for interview only those applicants that live close to that domicle.

Considering the company will foot the bill for moving, why would they assign LAX to a prospect living in TEB? I know they like to waste money, but my bet is the company would prefer to let the guy stay in TEB. Lots of airports nearby to choose from, like LAX, but a lot easier to recruit without forced shuffles and hardships. Probably moot, as hiring goals of 150 pilots per quarter will be tough to fill, even if they do pay for the move. This will be self-correcting in time.

Correction-looks like company pays for moving after home base is awarded by seniority. My mistake. Based on this, I believe the self correction will happen even faster.

Last edited:
Move?

Would like to confirm what was posted earlier, does NetJets pay for a move to the new domicile? Also do you have any choice on where you are based?? Unfortunately don't live near any of the new domiciles. thx

What they told me during the interview was once you are allowed to participate in HBA (top 30% of seniority list) which won't happen for years, if ever, if you decide to move to one of the five domiciles, they will pay for your move. You then give up HBA rights forever.

13.2(b)(i)(2) Crewmembers hired after ratification of this agreement who are awarded a Home Base Airport designation and subsequently decide to move within ninety (90) miles of a Domicile will be assigned to that Domicile. Upon written request, the Company shall reimburse the crewmember for moving expenses as set forth in Section 15 of this agreement. If a crewmember elects to be reimbursed for moving expenses, the crewmember shall relinquish all rights to use a Home Base Airport, regardless of where he might subsequently move in the future.

I believe this means that you have to have the seniority to be awarded a home base, so looks like you have to live or at least commute to one of the 5 domiciles on your own dime until senior enough to hold a home base. Keep in mind lots of current pilots report to those domiciles and are not counted against the home base percentile. Approximately 300 pilots live in CMH for example. maybe someone with too much time on their hands can look into the seniority lists and total current domicile numbers.

Now my question at the interview would be along the lines of, while everyone PRE-TA is grandfathered in, does that mean I would have to wait for years to get HBA or would my HBA status only be in competition with people who were hired after the TA in basing of the top 30%.
Everyone here has been saying they would love to come but not if they cant get HBA, if you are only in competition with other new hires after the TA then it seems that the sooner you get here the sooner you would get HBA.
I never saw that question raised, but then everyone who is voting on the TA already is grandfathered.

something to think about.

Hba

That would be a great point. I guess since a lot of the first legs are being Deadheaded on an airline, don't know why they would mind about the HBA. Thanks

Latest resources

Back