• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is semi-old news yet to be decided...

What I am referring to is the write off/depreciation capabilities that fractional ownership provides. Is that set to be changed in the future?

Nothing new that I've heard. There will be very little activity before the election.

The best thing that can happen is that the NBAA/NATA keep their noses out of Congress. They have gone to the well too often and are now doing more harm than good.

BTW, on the FET issue, a meeting was held with industry leaders and the Chief Counsel of the IRS. Chief Counsel said thanks for stopping by...see ya later and no we won't reconsider the matter. I think though that the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 changes, which are prospective, may have taken care of the matter for frac's.

If the thread is still about NJ recalls:

Not expected til at least 2016. Maybe hiring in 2020ish.

To my furloughed friends:

Not sure if you want to come back unless where you are at now or go in the next 5-10 years completely sucks. If you have your 1000 hours PIC, shoot for the majors or some other charter/private gig. If you're not married/no family, shoot for over seas, that's where the growth is at.

Unless you don't care about ever upgrading...EVER, and you like flying right seat to a 68 year old, who thinks they still "got it", then come back. The way things look now, in my opinion as a lowly pilot, I don't think we will return to our post recession level for well over a decade+ if ever. Recalls most likely will only be based on attrition, and we all know that at NJ, you fly till you die. Heck, I moved up 5 spaces last year because of it! (Good job saving that 401k, now your grandson is going to blow your cash on a Porsche and your wife will spend it all on shopping, plus everyone scored more cash because you died while employed. Glad you enjoyed your years of hard work and saving!)

Upgrades wont happen.

Most pilots (80%) at NJ are not only PICs but in their early 40s to early 50s, which means at least 20 to possibly 30 years more of service. Only about 15% of the guys are in their 60s and they are looking at 10+ more years of work (Never believe them when they say "they will take a look at retiring in a few years", they just keep pushing the date).

If you're an FO now, and at the top of the list, you might upgrade 10 years from now, giving a total of 17 years as an FO. Bottom FO's might upgrade in 10-20 years from now. And recalls and new hires, never will. All these shinny new plane orders are all just replacements, not growth. And the pilot group is so lovely here, that even when the large class planes arrive, which could provide an SIC more pay if they bid it, PICs will bid SIC slots to fly the "big" plane. And since there are so many PICs, the company wont find a need to refill their slot. SICs lose big time, no pay and no upgrade!

Then again, once the airlines actually hire again, and the EMT destroys everything we love about working here, you might see some swift movement.

Good luck.

Let's hope Delta, United, and Brand X (heck, even US Airways) start hiring soon. Sitting 20 years right seat at SWA or UPS may be looking pretty good right now. Yes, I'm bitter. I used to love my job, until the recession, until I flew with too many UNprofessionals, until I realized I have to keep an eye on my aging pilot on the flight deck, until I realized that the grass on the airline side, in which I came, is actually greener (dysfunctional as it is over there), and until I realized that management wants to destroy us in our next contract. Yes, I'm looking for an exit plan. Hopefully I will provide a seat for someone soon.

If the thread is still about NJ recalls:

Not expected til at least 2016. Maybe hiring in 2020ish.

To my furloughed friends:

Not sure if you want to come back unless where you are at now or go in the next 5-10 years completely sucks. If you have your 1000 hours PIC, shoot for the majors or some other charter/private gig. If you're not married/no family, shoot for over seas, that's where the growth is at.

Unless you don't care about ever upgrading...EVER, and you like flying right seat to a 68 year old, who thinks they still "got it", then come back. The way things look now, in my opinion as a lowly pilot, I don't think we will return to our post recession level for well over a decade+ if ever. Recalls most likely will only be based on attrition, and we all know that at NJ, you fly till you die. Heck, I moved up 5 spaces last year because of it! (Good job saving that 401k, now your grandson is going to blow your cash on a Porsche and your wife will spend it all on shopping, plus everyone scored more cash because you died while employed. Glad you enjoyed your years of hard work and saving!)

Upgrades wont happen.

Most pilots (80%) at NJ are not only PICs but in their early 40s to early 50s, which means at least 20 to possibly 30 years more of service. Only about 15% of the guys are in their 60s and they are looking at 10+ more years of work (Never believe them when they say "they will take a look at retiring in a few years", they just keep pushing the date).

If you're an FO now, and at the top of the list, you might upgrade 10 years from now, giving a total of 17 years as an FO. Bottom FO's might upgrade in 10-20 years from now. And recalls and new hires, never will. All these shinny new plane orders are all just replacements, not growth. And the pilot group is so lovely here, that even when the large class planes arrive, which could provide an SIC more pay if they bid it, PICs will bid SIC slots to fly the "big" plane. And since there are so many PICs, the company wont find a need to refill their slot. SICs lose big time, no pay and no upgrade!

Then again, once the airlines actually hire again, and the EMT destroys everything we love about working here, you might see some swift movement.

Good luck.

Let's hope Delta, United, and Brand X (heck, even US Airways) start hiring soon. Sitting 20 years right seat at SWA or UPS may be looking pretty good right now. Yes, I'm bitter. I used to love my job, until the recession, until I flew with too many UNprofessionals, until I realized I have to keep an eye on my aging pilot on the flight deck, until I realized that the grass on the airline side, in which I came, is actually greener (dysfunctional as it is over there), and until I realized that management wants to destroy us in our next contract. Yes, I'm looking for an exit plan. Hopefully I will provide a seat for someone soon.
Another frustrated former regional pilot.

Unfortunately, unless there is a drastic change, there is also nothing you can disagree with in his post. His poor morale can be blamed on poor leadership.

Another frustrated former regional pilot.

Was there something about his post that was inaccurate? Normal response, for allowing yourself to drink the derinda Kool-Aid. Not surprising is it? Pilot’s are naturally ambitious. He’s just keeping it real.

Was there something about his post that was inaccurate? Normal response, for allowing yourself to drink the derinda Kool-Aid. Not surprising is it? Pilot’s are naturally ambitious. He’s just keeping it real.

Certainly misleading if not inaccurate. He starts out by stating that returnees better like flying with incompetent 68 year old Captains. But, in the next paragraph he states that there'll be no upgrades because most Captains are in their 40's and 50's.

Certainly misleading if not inaccurate. He starts out by stating that returnees better like flying with incompetent 68 year old Captains. But, in the next paragraph he states that there'll be no upgrades because most Captains are in their 40's and 50's.

The majority of our Captains are in fact between 40 and 55 years of age. There are also a number of Captains over the age of 65. (a much smaller number however)

How is what was stated misleading?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back