• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets QOL vs. senior regional CA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was an intl B767 Capt at a legacy and would still be there if age 60 had happened 9 days sooner. That said, I start indoc at NJ on 4/28 and feel like a kid again. Several friends from the legacy world who now fly frac tell me in a year I will be much happier here than back on the Boeing in that turbulent world. I think they are probably right.

Thanks everyone

Just Pocono Pilot. :laugh:

That's funny!

Seriously though, thanks to everyone for such a quick response. Yeah, I pretty much knew what the answer was going to be, but sometimes there's just a reluctance to change, you know. I'm going to apply here in the next couple of days. (unfortunately, I'm out on a 2day early morning.)

I'll do my own research on the interview process, but will ask this... Is this a company where it's who you know, or can a guy with my quals get an interview pretty easily all by myself?

Anyone can build flight time. Flying airplanes is easy. Interviewing to fly airplanes is easy.

You seriously want to get hired? Learn GREAT customer service. Not good. GREAT.

How are you going to deal with Mrs. XXXX when she is crying because you got the wrong type of popcorn? How do you think you are going to do looking a man in the eye and telling him he isn't going to get to the meeting that is going to cost him a $13,000,000 deal?

Again, giving people bad news is easy. It happens EVERY DAY while flying.

HERE'S THE HARD PART: How do you give them that news and make them feel good about it?

When you figure that out, you've earned yourself the "golden ticket." ("golden tie").

P.S. I have dealt with both examples on the road.

How are you going to deal with Mrs. XXXX when she is crying because you got the wrong type of popcorn?

[/U][/I]

When you figure that out, you've earned yourself the "golden ticket." ("golden tie").

P.S. I have dealt with both examples on the road.

That was me dude. Stop hoggin the popcorn at Signature!!!

And how did some of you ex airline guys answer that stuff? I interviewed last week with several years of frac experience and was stumped with some of the questions. :)

Misdirection. I would pull my shirt up, rub one of my 3 nipples, and smile. The questions became easier.. ;) Seriously, I just thought of all the crap airlines do to people and how I would like to be treated. Seemed to do the trick..

If you are working the 7/7 schedule and your best friend plans a wedding which falls during your 7 days on, say in 2 months, is there any provision for switching schedules at all to get days off where you were originally scheduled to work?

That's a short question that leads to a long answer.

In short, the answer is YES, you can do a tour swap but there are certain things that have to fall into place.

Cheat, do yourself a favor and join aviationinterviews.com. It will be the best $10 you ever spend. And about what does an airline guy say to those questions, I agree with f4f. I told them what I did not like about the airline way of treating people and how much I would like to work somewhere that really busted their ass to make the people happy. Seems to have worked. I start indoc on 4/28.

Latest resources

Back