NetJets Payscale: 10 yr DA-2000 Capt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Super_Cub_2414P said:
Thanks, I appreciate the help. I think the 7 and 7 schedule would better than an airline schedule.

Depends on where you live. If you live in your airline's Domicile, a 15-day-off line shouldn't be TOO hard to get with a couple years seniority.

Netjets
7 on 7 off
means 6 nights away from home

XYZ Airline
3 on 4 off
4 on 3 off
means 5 nights away from home.

3 on 4 off
2 - 2 day trips and 3 off
means 4 nights away from home

I prefer the nights at home, but some people prefer the solid block of 7 days.

Now, if you are an airline commuter and you can't get 14 or 15 days off a month, 7 on 7 off sounds great.

Bottom line for me is if every 2 weeks you can get an extra night at home, that's 26 more nights/year you get to spend with your family. That's an extra February every year.

Depends on what you like.

gunfyter said:
Four 21 day vacations?

Where do I sign up....

Its just a matter of time before a few of the naysayers here will be eating crow.

Fire up that BBQ grill Falcon Captain!

I never said anything about being a naysayer... A guy asked a question (Pay) I gave him what I told him was a GUESS... I was then corrected... Then someone asked me about my pay, I responded. How does this make me a "naysayer"?

And before someone elses asks... yes, our new hires start off with a tad over 4 weeks vacation. From the looks of it, our new hires start at about the same pay and vacation as a 10 year NJA Captain.

I don't doubt your pay/vacation one bit. Don't think of you as a Naysayer at all. Matter of fact, I think your pay is just fodder for the Fractional side to demand a higher pay scale. I believe we are way underpaid for what we do, considering the equipment, people and places we fly. Your posts prove that point, and proves a company CAN pay those wages and make it profitable. I just think NetJets can pay even more, stay profitable and from what I have heard and seen - there is about to be a market correction.

Thanks for the info - how depressing it may be to us NetJets guys!

profitable?

the pay/vacation at a corp flight department has nothing to do with company profits.

At most large companys the aviation department is a very very tiny part of the big picture. The days of the flight department being a big burden are long gone in the Fortune 50. The cost is insignificant.

FalconCapt was not tooting his horn, the package he describes is industry standard for the equip he operates. He is fortunate to have a good job and is the first to offer good advice for newbies looking to break into corporate flying.

At a fractional you work for an Aviation Company(basically an airline) . At a Fortune __ flight department you work an insurance company, a bank, a telecom company...etc..etc.....

....you just happen to fly an airplane.

I have always said I think fractional guys should make major airline pay (whatever that is anymore)....they work just as hard, if not harder...and deserve it.

I would like to think that huge raises are coming your guys way, I heard that when I wanted to apply in 1996 - (glad I didnt sign on and wait for that "contract")....but if you think any real money is coming your way in this enviornment - you are, unfortunatly, ..... crazy.

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:

At most large companys the aviation department is a very very tiny part of the big picture. The days of the flight department being a big burden are long gone in the Fortune 50. The cost is insignificant.

Okay, I can't stand it anymore. This subtle fractional bashing drives me crazy. G200, if you honestly beleive the above statement then you need to either; A. Lay off the crack pipe B. Do not listen to everything your department manager tells you.

Please do not take fractional pilots as idiots. I have been flying with them for years and they are a very smart group of professionals. I have flown in the corporate world before (fortune 50) and I would change careers before I did it again. I am sure your job and BBQ man's job is very different and much more of a classier operation than any of the fractionals, so why don't you go and mingle with your club members on the corporate board.

swberry said:
Okay, I can't stand it anymore. This subtle fractional bashing drives me crazy. G200, if you honestly beleive the above statement then you need to either; A. Lay off the crack pipe B. Do not listen to everything your department manager tells you.
Gulfstream200 said:
My departments annual budget is about 0.042% (yes, about 1/24 of 1%) of my companies annual revenue... It really is insignificant in the overall big picture...

swberry said:
I'll assume this was a compliment of the kindest nature...

Let’s take a look at some numbers. Assumptions will be made, but they will be HEAVILY skewed in your favor. I will use Exxons 2002 annual report. I think we can all agree that they are a powerhouse in the corporate world. Does your company generate those numbers??

Net income for Exxon in 02 was 11460 (millions) according to their annual report. This is the income that is available for distribution among the various departments in the company. Your comparison of the departments annual budget to annual revenue is convenient for you, but not practical in the least bit. We will use net income. Here come the assumptions (heavily skewed in your favor); I will only use one variable in this example, fuel. Let’s say that Exxon only averages 10000 gallons three times a week in their flight department spread out among all their aircraft during the course of the year. I used an average price of fuel as $3.00 a gallon which would include multiple international trips during the course of the year where the price of fuel is much more. Do the math on that and you get an annual percentage of .041 to net income, which is a much more representative picture of the situation.

Now that ONLY includes fuel, and a very conservative estimate using Exxon’s astronomical numbers. Next you have to throw in; facilities, staffing for the facilities, aircraft acquisition, maintenance, depreciation of assets, insurance, domestic airport fees, international fees (including handling), travel expenses, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and not mention these astronomical salaries you guys always tell us they are paying you. However you have never disclosed how much those salaries are. Hmmmm. .042%? Give me a break.

Let me give you a comparison... My company ran our budget numbers against doing the same flying with NJA... the NJA numbers were nearly 4 times what our departments annual budget is... NJA is no bargain for an active flight department... These numbers were just run a couple months ago, so it is current data...

...and when you guys get your "100% raises", NJA will inevitably have to raise their prices which will make them even less competitive with a stand alone department. (I thought I read NJA lost money last year, and that is at the old pay rates)

Last edited:
Falcon Capt said:
Let me give you a comparison... My company ran our budget numbers against doing the same flying with NJA... the NJA numbers were nearly 4 times what our departments annual budget is... NJA is no bargain for an active flight department... These numbers were just run a couple months ago, so it is current data...

So what?? I don't give a rip. Don't sign up.

Latest resources

Back