NetJets or SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-handle

A friend of mine (Independence Air soon-to-be-furloughee) has to choose between NetJets (Citation ultra) and SkyWest(CRJ). What are your thoughts?

These questions always crack me up.

I'm only responding because it doesn't look like anyone else will (so far).

These questions (to me) are personal. It depends on the subject in question.

I mean, I presume your friend is interested in airlines due to the fact he's currently employed at one.

If the airlines are the goal, then go to the airline.

The thing is, we can't be too picky these days. Some of us should consider ourselves lucky to just be working.

Your friend is lucky to have a choice.

Good luck.

mar hit the nail on the head. NetJets is essentially corporate flying. Having done both I prefer the airlines, but thats me. Each to his own.

Not exactly. First year FO at NJA is only 28k a year. Airlinepilotpay.com has all of the pay scales.

PC12Cowboy said:
NET JETS...they pay waaaaayyyyyy better

A newhire at Skywest will make close to $40,000 dollars more in the first 5 years.
That is based on the real likelyhood of being a 5 year FO at NetJets. The skywest comparison has you becoming a EMB-120 captain in your third year.

Netjets just flew our crew last week from CHO to BGR. They had a nice 800 and I was impressed. Being a complete flight crew front and back end (nine) we were not the best customers, but they tolerated us. Everything was were it should have been and the aircraft was very compliant with the regulations. They even yelled at us for piling junk near the emergency exit, if I didn't have the job I have now I would work for them and enjoy the flying. They were late picking us up when I called their ops they had an answer within 3 minutes of what the situation happened to be. Good company and great crew.

Latest resources

Back