• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are correct about the PLT level. But on the blood work chart when a patient sees it they are listed as (150-450) thou/cu mm. To small of space for such a large number...

A person would not bleed internally by bumping their knee with a low PLT number. Many people who have cancer or a blood disorder do fine with a very low PLT count, like 20-40 or 20,000-40,000. Now with this low number a person would not want to ride moto-cross or drive a race car. Or get into a car accident. But getting around from day to day they do fine. You can even go into minor surgery as long as your PLT is 50 or 50,000 and above.

Answerguy said:
You are correct about the PLT level. But on the blood work chart when a patient sees it they are listed as (150-450) thou/cu mm. To small of space for such a large number...

A person would not bleed internally by bumping their knee with a low PLT number. Many people who have cancer or a blood disorder do fine with a very low PLT count, like 20-40 or 20,000-40,000. Now with this low number a person would not want to ride moto-cross or drive a race car. Or get into a car accident. But getting around from day to day they do fine. You can even go into minor surgery as long as your PLT is 50 or 50,000 and above.

You're too smart to be in this industry. Go to medical school and make yourself some $$$$$$$$$$$$!!

I just spoke to the woman who does the NJA drug testing. I asked her about blood work for pilots and she said that NJA doesn't do that and the FAA does not permit it, as it is an invasive procedure.

paulsalem said:
I just spoke to the woman who does the NJA drug testing. I asked her about blood work for pilots and she said that NJA doesn't do that and the FAA does not permit it, as it is an invasive procedure.
Untrue. You go in for a VERY thorough physical while in indoc, which includes blood work.

Is the medical before or after the job offer? I would appreciate any information on how fractional companies conduct their medicals. Please PM if you don't want to post. Thanks.

The physical is after you are an employee of NJA and on the property. Whether or not you have a current medical is not relevant, you get another. The physical is a combination of a company and an FAA exam. New hires have been known to lose their medicals. Please don't attempt this if you know you have medical issues. Certain issues (high cholesterol, etc) may not cost you the job, they will only inform you about it. However, other issues, such as what happens after you drink a healthy glass of orange tang-like drink after fasting overnight, have been known to catch guys. I wish it was different, but it is what it is. Once you are an employee, it's back to your old doc for your FAA medical.

Go out and get yourself a current 1st medical the month you start class. Then, the netjets medical is now an "executive" physical. No FAA paperwork. I think you had to have a FAA medical current within 2 mos of the netjets medical for that to apply. Once person in our class had a 4 month old 1st class and argued with the nurse that he/she did not have to take a FAA first as his/hers was still current. The nurse was pissed and called netjets, however, the person won and didn't have to do the FAA paperwork. BTW, physical is still the same, the only difference is whether or not you do the paperwork for the feds. Don't sweat it too much. I had a small problem and was still issued a first. Just had to do a follow up test. Yes, it was a pain. My normal flight doc could've cared less. If you want details, pm me.

Latest resources

Back