• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawk Driver

Yeah, but can it hover?
Netjets Large Aircraft Company (NJLA)

NJA has formed a new entity called the Netjets Large Aircraft Company (NJLA), dissolving its joint venture with Boeing and the BNJ program.

This doesn't come as any big surprise that the BNJ program, as we knew it, is gone but forming a new company to fly these planes and any others it adds to the certificate is worrysome...

Anyone heard anything on this?

HD

Last edited:
obiously i'm biased, but what's so worrisome about this? also, it's nothing new - we've been trying to get rid of boeing for a couple of years.

we got rid of a partner that we didn't need. bookings are up. cabin improvement program started for the bbj's - video-on-demand, new upholstery, more storage areas, etc.

121 cert will be done in april - first cset was this past tuesday - so things are on track. 121 will bring the opportunity for quite a bit more biz - especially in the charter / shuttle type market. if things continue as planned, could have an additional 4-8 large a/c (airliners) up and running next spring/summer.

Last edited:
What bothers me is that a new company was formed to fly these planes...

I don't doubt this will be a boon for Netjets, I just want to know that any subsequent planes will be crewed by NJA and not NJLA!

HD

bizjet737 said:
it's all the same company just like it was with bnj, basically just a name change now. same seniority list as it was with bnj and everything. we didn't re-bid anything.

Our current scope language only deals with aircraft in the Quarter Share programme.

135/121 flying could go to EJM or another company.

This is not good news

Lord Wakefield said:
Our current scope language only deals with aircraft in the Quarter Share programme.

This is not good news
What does that mean? NJI is a 135 company and you are saying that it should be merged with NJA. What's the difference in scope?

GV

Lord Wakefield said:

This is not good news

so what should we do with the quarter share customers we have and are flying? just sold another share in the bbj last month!
not sure what the big deal is here - nothing has changed except we dumped boeing as a partner from the existing 4yr old program. in doing that, we had to change the name - that's it - nothing else - same pilots, same planes, same seniority list.

It's time to stop being so paranoid. Any good business idea that involves a profitable outcome of using the BBJs when they are on our contract already, is good news.

GVFlyer said:
What does that mean? NJI is a 135 company and you are saying that it should be merged with NJA. What's the difference in scope?

GV

I think NJI does even less 135 flying than us, a reason for their different training curriculum. EJM is more like a traditional 135 operation.

How's this for a new name for BNJ: NJA ?

Latest resources

Back