NetJets is Hiring, post from Climbto350.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lie_n_wait01 said:
Really no luck paying thier morgages huh!!!! i see i suppose that should be Netjets problom that they over spend and cant balance a checkbook. I suppose the compnay should suffer because you bought a house that is out of your league. As for Dispatcher NJA take it easy on him, he works these guys on a very regular basis, that is to say daily. Also to tired from there tours huh...So what will more money do for that? They will still be tired then they complain that they should work less and still earn what they are earning for working less. Former management here brother... Tired = sleep, Morgage to high = buy a smaller house. No simpathy for ya, however im sure that Karl Marx would be proud!!!

The pilots may not be able to afford their piddely-ass mortgages. But, the flight attendants can afford theirs.

Capt. JD said:
Stop, your hurting my feelings... Well there doing a hell of a job! I have meet a few NetJets pilots on my freight run & none of them have anything nice to say about the company. Most are planning how to get out... I can tell who is a NetJets pilot on the ramp just by looking at there face, then I will go up shoot the $hit to find out... have not been wrong yet!

What does my flight experence have to do with this? NOTHING... How does that relate to a company shooting itself in the foot with mismanagement?

Tell me family guy, do you work for NetJets? If sooo do you like doing a job that most others get paid more for? If your such a "Family Guy" maybe you should be more concerned with that so you can pay off the house & save for Jr. college fund.

From what I have learned the only FOOLISH thing I could say is YES to a hire offer from them. You can tell Abraham Lincoln I said that.....

According to union officials, NJA pilots average between $50,000 and $72,000. The company has an offer on the table for raises of at least 23%.

If someone cant pay their mortgage and save for college on that, then it is not the company's fault.

Yes, I do work for NetJets, while you do not. It's not a question of whether I can make more money somewhere else. Every person should ask themselves if they are being paid fairly for what they do. If not, then they are free to look for employment elsewhere. The fact that people havent moved on tells me that these glorious corporate jobs arent as plentiful as people claim.

And we are still under-paid for what we do.......I am not willing to scrap this job yet.....I still enjoy it enough to fight for higher pay. Heck, we are already the lowest paid for what we do...We have nothing to lose.

Just keep that in mind..."WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!!!!" The vote has been taken and we're ready to do what needs to be done. This place will come to a grinding stop....and management knows it....the Ultimate game of CHICKEN!!!!

FamilyGuy said:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

If you had paid attention you'd know that many of our managers and executives are pilots with more hours in the cockpit than you've been out of high school.

WHO? I want names or at least positions of them. With the exception of some of the PM's I am willing to bet that this 30something has more time than most, if not all of the boneheads in the Palace. And I am not anything that special as far as time is concerned.

More BS from a company mole trying to spin us into believing that these mindless morons should have our respect. Sorry, flight time does not earn respect.

Oh, I just reread your post. I see familyfreak you are sneaky. 25 year old pilot, out of HS for 7 years. So I guess all the managers and exec's have >7 hours. That I do believe. Or are we now using a military conversion? But hey they are centerline limited. What of that? Oh and I see you said "in the cockpit". I guess that is in the hanger making "Verrrrummmm Verrrrrummmmm" noises.

Keep trying Familyfreak. We are not buying what you are selling.

Hey dumba$$, I mean, Familyguy....

Why dont you break down that 23% raise for us since you are so knowlegable.

Explain to us how exactly a 23% raise is attained. Explain to us exactly how that 23% makes us higher paid than other pilots flying the same aircraft. Explain to us how we still work more than others flying the same equipment for less money even with this 23% raise you speak of. Explain to me how a flight attendant still makes more than a first officer. Explain to me how some incompetent scheduler makes more than most captains.

Cmon now moron, explain all this. Some one needs to take you behind the woodshed.

Let's see... a 23% pay increase. I believe this contract is already 8 years old with no COLA. What's the COLA index... about 4% per year?

Let see if my math is correct.... 8 Years X 4% = 32% loss. Let's add your rediculous 23% (where you came up with this number... who knows.)

Hmmm... this gives us a net loss of 9%...

Find me an NJA pilot thats gonna settle for this!!!!! Unless one just got out of high school.

Then again...seeing as how NJA can't hire anyone... this is what it may come down to.

Maybe NJA should start sending recruiters to high schools. Hell... it worked for the military.

FamilyGuy said:
According to union officials, NJA pilots average between $50,000 and $72,000.
I'm curious how we can average between anything. If we make between $50,000 and $72,000, I can see it. But an average is one number, not 22,000.

ThinAir said:
Let's see... a 23% pay increase. I believe this contract is already 8 years old with no COLA. What's the COLA index... about 4% per year?

Let see if my math is correct.... 8 Years X 4% = 32% loss. Let's add your rediculous 23% (where you came up with this number... who knows.)
Actually, COLA's been about 3%, but that compounds over time. So if you start at year 1 with pay of $100, by year 8 you're at $123. Hmmm, curious - a 23% increase. Coincidence?

Ultra Grump said:
I'm curious how we can average between anything. If we make between $50,000 and $72,000, I can see it. But an average is one number, not 22,000.?

I wish the union had not made that statement. The truth is its about $50,000. You can determine this by adding up ALL the monies paid for base salaries and dividing by the number of pilots.

I am in the top 18% and I have never made more than 68K. Of course I don't volunteer... to extend, instruct, flex.. etc..

El Chupacabra said:
You can determine this by adding up ALL the monies paid for base salaries and dividing by the number of pilots.
Yeah I know. FG keeps spouting the "NJA pilots average $50k to $72k" line. I was pointing out that those figures by definition are not an "average."

It's REALLY sad that you're in the top 18% and only make 68k.

Loser...

FamilyGuy said:
Yes, I do work for NetJets, while you do not. It's not a question of whether I can make more money somewhere else. Every person should ask themselves if they are being paid fairly for what they do. If not, then they are free to look for employment elsewhere. The fact that people havent moved on tells me that these glorious corporate jobs arent as plentiful as people claim.

Wow, you are sooo much more experienced!! All I do is fly single pilot FAR 135 freight in a Cessna 310R, down to mins in the upper-mid-western weather...

The reason the glorious corporate jobs are not as plentiful is because NJA under cut some of them, from what I have learned.....

What are you trying to do, rub it in my face that you have a job at Net Jets & I don't? I am not going to even consider working there to get my types & turbine time if I have to sit next your stupid @ss. I am against any and all things/people that hurt this industry, like PFT... I bet you are a PFT you piece of $hit. You spy mole, go back to licking the managements ass, no one believes you. Look at all the friends you made on this thread alone! Fu<king Loser...

Latest resources

Back