NetJets Interview for a SWA Poolie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Technology

What? You don't think the 73 has technology on par with a business jet. We have more technology in our Dash 8s - Heads Up display, Dual GPS/FMS, MLS, Enhanced Ground Prox, TCAS, EFIS, ect...

Take a look at SWA and they have all that too minus the MLS. Find that in your NetJet big business jet.

Re: Technology

That is a good point. The 800 is a very advanced a/c. My point was, that making a decision on where to work based on the "technology" your equipment might have is a bit silly...just my opinion.
I personally think its great that flying at SWA I will have the opportunity to fly some a/c that are technologically advanced, and others that are not so advanced.

Swimmer

To each..

his own!

Do whatever makes you happy!!

Life is SHORT, live it....

Personally, I have flown everyone from Mother Teresa to the Grateful Dead, yes - really!

It was fun, yes... MOST of the people have been a joy to meet - however - not having a schedule for 16+ years, working almost ALL holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc., etc.....

A change of lifestyle for me - plus STABILITY, benefits, SCHEDULE all add up for me and my family. MY choice, can't wait to dry off and get to work for SWA!!!

Good luck to EVERYone in this aviation biz, have fun too!!!

Tred

In the end...

I guess it doesn't matter what it has or what it doesn't. Some like it round some like tapes, some like steam gauages other glass, automation, no automation. At SWA you'll get it all and that's pretty cool. Nothing is more thrilling than shooting a hand flown Cat III down to 600 RVR using the Heads up. You too can have that opportunity if you hold out for SWA.

I got a friend who flies the Citation 10 for Net Jet and loves it. Mach .9something that's pretty cool too.

Good Luck

EJA vs SWA

Hey Beytzim. I think you need to go in for a wiz quiz. I did 4.5 years at EJA. Not every one is beautiful. Actually most of the customers are old stuffy coots. The 1000, 7, 5 and the 800 are not leading edge anything. They are just old airplanes that have been upgraded with time and TV screens. And lets not forget about your hotels comment. EJA has some dumps in on the list too. Ever stay in the ramadas in HTO or SWF? I stayed at motel 6's, redlions, super 8s ect. On more than one ocassion i told scheduling "hell no i will not stay in this **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** hole" Crack dealers outside and fresh "police line do not cross " tape and body chalk dont make for great overnights. You fail to mention that alot of overnights are in TEB, LGA, EWR, MDW, DET,CLE ect. You are not at the marriot in Saint Thomas everynight. As for pay i won't get into that. But unless your in the top few % at EJA your chances of getting into the BBJ for the big money is slim to none. My intention here is not to slam you but to give people the "rest of the story" that you left out.

N1atEcon, Relax. You're a little disgruntled!

Perhaps NJA was as bad as you say, in the past. But it is not like that presently. For example: I've stayed at the Greenbrier in Lewisburg, WV on two separate occasions in the last six months. That is one of fanciest hotels in the United States, period. I did stay one time in a Sh&^tty Holiday Inn because the Hilton was all booked up. It still cost $170.00 for the night. Besides, company policy IS to book you in a different hotel if you feel unsafe there.

Most NJA pilots expect the new contract to have six figures no later than 5th year. Like I said, if you need to make 200k a year, go elsewhere.

Regarding old airplanes. Sure, they're fun, especially when things break daily - making your '71 pinto look dependable.

Of course nothing beats doing a walk around and writing your name on the accumulated fuselage grime and dirt - and still seeing it several months later!

beytzim said:
Most NJA pilots expect the new contract to have six figures no later than 5th year. Like I said, if you need to make 200k a year, go elsewhere.

If thats the case then I think there are going to be a bunch of upset pilots at netjets. Flexjet just signed a new contract with a salary of $73,626 at year five on a medium size A/C. What makes you think the Netjets is going to pay you guys 37% more to do the same thing? Netjets isn't even making money with their US operation right now. Good luck. I hope I'm wrong.

To all my Netjets brothers wondering here: " Let's cut the BS and take our toys back to Fractionals. This page is for serious pilots only. Maybe under Fractionals we could convince some losers that our company is the best". "Gentlemen excuse us while we exit".

WAH!

Sounds like someone's got their panties in a wad.....

nothing I enjoy more than someone who has a problem expressing their opinions....

getting emotional,

and then whining while running away, taking his toys home to play:D

Jeeze Beav, lighten up!!!

Latest resources

Back