• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets in 2012/13 ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What..... Ya'll don't think Jordie Hansell and Gretel are here to help?

My two cents guess:

Here is my setup to my speculation: Sokol was quoted in the BAC magazine saying that NetJets maked a 4-5% return last year which is ok, but not stellar for an investor. He further stated that Berkshire doesn't turn their back on a company, but does shrink it if it's not a performer. Shrinking a company, cuts away that fat and waste and helps it become leaner but yet more profitable. It was also quoted that NetJets is eyeing China and hope to begin ops there in 2012-2013.

Putting this all together: NJ may continue to shrink to lose the remaining fat to make it more profitable, it's excesses planes however will be shipped to China so NJ wouldn't have to buy new planes. What I speculate will occur is that there will be an option for our pilots to operate in China. I think they would look for volunteers first and then once that is exhausted, they will ask guys in reverse seniority to go. If you don't you're furloughed. If you think that is not possible to be given that choice, you would be furloughed anyways because of the downsizing and movement of planes.

So in the end this would be a speculative guess to what the pilots "will not like in 2012-2013". I would start working on your Rosetta stone.

Good article on Netjets in AW&ST this week. Even has a cover teaser-"Netjets, back from the brink". New building will be ready at Bridgeway next spring. Construction has already begun. New orders made and more to be announced soon involving medium and large cabin. Liscense application for conducting Fractional operations in China has been submitted.

As far as what a certain "former" employee says-who cares? Comments by these types are generally done with a sense of bitterness, whatever circumstances existed upon termination.

DS clearly has a different approach to our union than RTS did when he left. But remember what RTS was like for the years prior to 2005? Does anyone really believe he was unaware of Boisture's tactics? There is a learning curve, and DS will get it-eventually. Happy pilots are crucial to profit in our corner of the industry, just as good managers are.

PS: Dispatch is organizing. Ye reap what ye shall sow.

Last edited:
New orders made and more to be announced soon involving medium and large cabin.

My money is on a large G250 order. It fits the medium/super mid size category well and would explain why Gulfstream has been expanding their Savannah facilities.

I'm getting the feeling we are "testing" Gulfstream. I don't know the specs of the 250, but if it's the size of the 200, I can't see that replacing the Falcon.

Piaggio? Doubt it. We are trying to streamline the product and reduce the number of OEMs. Embraer may well be working on a mid size that would foot the bill for Netjets US. It will all come down to reliability and cost. Something that was lost on our previous leadership. There was way too much emotion involved in the purchases made last decade.

Latest resources

Back