• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets hiring percentage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of you NJ guys are quite sensative. The second someone says something other than complete praise and escelation over the company you are all right on him. You seem to take it so personal, like the person is insulting your wife. It seems so childish.[/quote

Im glad someone else notices this.

Sorry to correct you, but these are the correct numbers:

Interviewing two groups of ten twice a week (20)
Hiring 50% of those interviewed (on avg)
75 NEW apps a week
Hiring 400 in "08

This info came directly from Derinda and the head of training last week.

As of today, interviewing 3x a week...about 33% getting hired...her words were that the hiring projections change weekly....

And I never once said the path to the left seat of a widebody CA is all peaches and cream, all I said is once u get to a widebody Ca poistion he or she has more pay, Qol, days off, flexibility than any NJ SIC.
How old are you? I am assuming no less than 30... If you are not less than 30 years old you will never see widebody captain at a legacy carrier... especially not at Fedex or UPS... assuming you got hired today!

The "peaches and cream" of being a widebody captain is not worth the hell you have to live to get there.... If you ever get there.. once you can hold widbody captain at a legacy or Fedex/UPS you will be over 65 and you will have done it all for nothing because I can tell you FIRST HAND.. that 30 year captains at Fedex are moving backwards right now!

Your argument is unrealistic.... there are many widebody captains with much less QOL than a NJ SIC... I know them personally.. They had to sell thier souls to the devil himself to get the position they are in.. Families left them, bankrupt from the divorces been through umteen furloughs, deregulation, Lorenzo's etc.. they are having to pick up trips on their days off just to pay the alamony.

:bomb: :uzi:

So...

Back to what this thread started about.

So far, in my class it appears that 4 out of 12 have been hired. I haven't heard from everyone though so it could be higher. I hope it is since I think everyone there would make a good NJA pilot.

jrmyl

just turned 28, been at NJ for 2.5 yrs. First hand huh? Did u quit fedex to come to NJ?, maybe u should state u what u really mean. Every statement u make seems to be about the way to a wide body ca slot not the position itself. Every statement I have made is about the position itself.

All I have been saying is most Ca's on a widebody have a better QOL, time off, and pay than a NJA SIC.

"I would rather be an SIC at NJA than a widebody captain at any Major, cargo, traditional, national, regional...."
(Which regionals have Widebodies?")

"No 10 hour turns huh... ask some of the 727 guys sitting sideways about the am hub turns to BFE texas and Montana.."
(Is a 72 a widebody? And we dont go to BFE texas? How many 3:30 am wake upcalls have I had this week? 4!!!)

"YOu will not make 150-200k a year until year 10+ as an FO"
(I never said anything about about an FO, only CA)

"The only response I have for you is BORING BORING BORING. "
(I would rather be bored with 150k+ as a CA and 5-7000 guys below me, than a newhire on any seniority list)

"you are still and expendable number.. that is all!"
(Guess RTS thinks of us as all like his close and friends right? and not just a number?)

8 HOUR REDUCED REST OVERNIGHT.. YES SIR.. 8 HOURS. 16 HOUR DUTY DAYS...
(How many min turns and CDO are a widebody doing? 0. Im average three two to three 10hr turns a week)

Which widebody job have u had? Have u only worked for Regionals? And why do you keep changing ur argument?

Unrealistic? I know of 3 widebody captains that have way way better QOL than a pretty senior FO here(me). I really do think this is a pretty good job but, u act like making more money and more days off is bad. In ur statement u constantly state how bad the airlines are, are you telling u me an nj sic position is perfect? What did it take for you to get where u are? Its so worth it since it is only NJ, but its not worth for anywhere else huh? U cant even consider there might be better jobs out there and I know of plenty of Ca's and Fo's that still have a pretty good QOL, How many pilots at NJ have the option of coming home every night? I know several that work for majors and legacys that do. Several Regional friends come home every night to tuck there kids in every night making 90k, but the 7n7 is better than coming every night right? Oh, I guess being at NJ guarantee that u wont get divored huh? Are u just a little bitter? Tell me how much you will like ur job in 6 years from know since u still will be an fo? Good luck with that? And Remember ALL NJA SIC's HAVE BETTER QOL THAN ALL AIRLINE PILOTS!

Last edited:
I will respond after you pull a Billy Madison and learn English..

That's a weak response...

Always funny how people attack how someone spells on a message board. They are meant to be very informal and casual means of communication...not term papers. I sir think you are making some very big blanket statements. You can't say that all airline and/or regional pilots have crappy jobs/lifestyles anymore than how some people on these boards claim that you guys spend your days kissing rich peoples rear ends and dumping lavs. Its all in what a person wants. You can say that you are happy doing what you do, and weren't happy doing your last regional job. You can't say that the guy who stayed at a regional because he wants to be home more and not wake up Christmas morning in a hotel room, and not be flying while little Jimmy is playing soccer on Saturday is not enjoying a good quality of life. There are some that would rather quit flying than go on the road for 7 days. I have a friend who would never even consider WN because he only wants to fly wide body international. WN would be my first choice, no real desire to fly international. Its all what a person wants.

Aside from the bickering, I do think it is impressive that you are so happy doing what you are doing. I can't amagine many people, including pilots can say that with the conviction that you do.

I will respond after you pull a Billy Madison and learn English..

That's a weak response...

Always funny how people attack how someone spells on a message board. They are meant to be very informal and casual means of communication...not term papers. I sir think you are making some very big blanket statements. You can't say that all airline and/or regional pilots have crappy jobs/lifestyles With all due respect, I think you can. I've been at both. There is not a regional out there that comes close to the fractional lifestyle. anymore than how some people on these boards claim that you guys spend your days kissing rich peoples rear ends and dumping lavs. Talk about blanket statement!?! I have NEVER changed out a lav. Tip a line guy and expense it to the company. That is their job. Its all in what a person wants. You can say that you are happy doing what you do, and weren't happy doing your last regional job. You can't say that the guy who stayed at a regional because he wants to be home more When I worked at my regional I slept anywhere from 6 to 8 nights a month in my own bed. Now it is at least 15. and not wake up Christmas morning in a hotel room, and not be flying while little Jimmy is playing soccer on Saturday is not enjoying a good quality of life. There are some that would rather quit flying than go on the road for 7 days. Do your research again before making blanket statements. The 7&7 is not the only schedule available in the Frac world. I have a friend who would never even consider WN because he only wants to fly wide body international. Big, Shiny, Jet-Syndrome. It is cureable. WN would be my first choice, no real desire to fly international. Its all what a person wants.

Aside from the bickering, I do think it is impressive that you are so happy doing what you are doing. I can't amagine many people, including pilots can say that with the conviction that you do. I'd say that 98% of the pilots at NJA will say that if you ask them. How do you like that for a blanket statement?:rolleyes: [/quote]

Its funny how everybody the original statement was comparing a wide body captain slot to NJ SIC, and everybody compares it to a regional FO on reserve? I was home 3-4 more days a month with more flexibility , over the 7n7. And I had the option of doing day trip lines and coming home every night, So what, why do you guys compare a crappy regional job and schd to a senior wide body job. Do you really think it is the same?

Last edited:
So freaking leave then. Report back in 20 years when you finally have the lifestyle you are hoping for.

Latest resources

Back