Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gulfstreams & Globals - Coexisting?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now you miss the point.
This isn't rocket science, in fact, it is pretty straight forward stuff, get over it, para-phrased from a member of the past leadership team now employed by a major over night carrier.
I venture you folks posting this crap on FI are disgruntled, and willing to throw your fellow colleagues, actually anyone, under a bus to keep doing the "international" stuff.
If you have the stones to back up what you claim, post it on the union board, otherwise, its baseless internet trash talk.:pimp:

have a coke and a smile. the only netjets flying i do are sell offs.

I'm no expert, but as a Middle East based Global XRS Captain, I can with absolute certainty that this ain't rocket science. Any Netjet's pilot with enough seniority to hold a Global bid will have more than enough experience to make a smooth transition if they are given a good International procedures course. Yes, it's nice to see things the first time with someone who has been there and done it, but that is often not the reality of international flying.

I'm tired of hearing about QFE approaches. There is nothing to them as long as you understand the wheels hit pavement at zero and you read the Jepp plate. As for metric conversion charts, get real. All newer airframes change from feet to meters at the push of a button and most (including the current Global) have conversion pages on the FMS. Can you say no brainer... As for ETP's, I assume most of the guys will be coming out of CX's, F2000's and Hawkers. If you can properly plan a Hawaii crossing, the North Atlantic is a breeze. Especially in an airplane with a 6150nm range.

Clearly, this issue is about who gets to fly the new long range fleet type. It's a difficult issue, and without question, one side is going to be unhappy with the way the pilots are selected. I just hope the argument stays focused on the real issue, and no one tries to pull a safety card to enhance their position.

I'm no expert, but as a Middle East based Global XRS Captain, I can with absolute certainty that this ain't rocket science. Any Netjet's pilot with enough seniority to hold a Global bid will have more than enough experience to make a smooth transition if they are given a good International procedures course. Yes, it's nice to see things the first time with someone who has been there and done it, but that is often not the reality of international flying.

I'm tired of hearing about QFE approaches. There is nothing to them as long as you understand the wheels hit pavement at zero and you read the Jepp plate. As for metric conversion charts, get real. All newer airframes change from feet to meters at the push of a button and most (including the current Global) have conversion pages on the FMS. Can you say no brainer... As for ETP's, I assume most of the guys will be coming out of CX's, F2000's and Hawkers. If you can properly plan a Hawaii crossing, the North Atlantic is a breeze. Especially in an airplane with a 6150nm range.

Clearly, this issue is about who gets to fly the new long range fleet type. It's a difficult issue, and without question, one side is going to be unhappy with the way the pilots are selected. I just hope the argument stays focused on the real issue, and no one tries to pull a safety card to enhance their position.

Oh brother, now you've done it. :)

WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIEEEEENNNNNNDS......... WHY CAN'T WE BEEEEEEE FRRIIEENDS!!!

The fight is not within the pilot group folks. We are in this all together. Remember where the priorities are. Contract compliance. Top notch Customer service.

Boy, fatigue must be setting in after a hard week if I am asking for reason and logic at flight info.

Carry on.

Don't much care about ETP

I'm more concerned with PSR and PNR.

Be careful throwing out your high and mighty judgements Gutshot.

You really surprised me? I thought you were OK?

Last edited:
All those NJA guys that dont get to the Global rest easy, the Lear 85 is on the way shortly thereafter. The same guy that brokered the Global deal is in the process to move the 85 into the Sovereign's spot. How do they classify the Sovereign? Is it in the G's pay class?

All those NJA guys that dont get to the Global rest easy, the Lear 85 is on the way shortly thereafter. The same guy that brokered the Global deal is in the process to move the 85 into the Sovereign's spot. How do they classify the Sovereign? Is it in the G's pay class?

I've heard some NJ maintenance personnel just finished Challenger 300 school....

I wonder if EJM operates any 300's or ... are is the 300' coming to NJA?

Sovereigns are all fairly new.....There were quite a few delivered in '07 and '08...Someone correct me but I think they may be the newest a/c NJA has....give or take

Check out the Lear 85 cockpit:

http://www.learjet85.com/en/technology/avionics.html

Not too bad! I hope you guys get them - I am a big fan of Bombardier and my CL300. :)

Latest resources

Back